• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ghost key causes crash?

Share/Bookmark

Ghost key causes crash?

I was playing with the legato clarinet that came with GS3, and I assigned my ghost key as C2.. strangely, the ghost key apparently did nothing when it was "C-2".. then I clicked "listen" and hit C2 on my keyboard and it changed from "C-2" to "C2". What the..?

Anyway, I held C2 and hit a couple notes..boom..Windows crashes. I have Giga 3.04 installed. Does this happen for anyone else?? I don't even really understand what the heck the ghost key does, that's why I was trying to experiment with it. Guess that's out of the question!
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Re: Ghost key causes crash?

Quote Originally Posted by MDesigner
    I was playing with the legato clarinet that came with GS3, and I assigned my ghost key as C2.. strangely, the ghost key apparently did nothing when it was "C-2".. then I clicked "listen" and hit C2 on my keyboard and it changed from "C-2" to "C2". What the..?

Anyway, I held C2 and hit a couple notes..boom..Windows crashes. I have Giga 3.04 installed. Does this happen for anyone else?? I don't even really understand what the heck the ghost key does, that's why I was trying to experiment with it. Guess that's out of the question!
    I am not using the demo sounds in GS3, but in VSL performance edition the ghost key causes the following note to be silent. This is so that you can get the legato transition as you change patches (sus to portamento for example) without getting a doubled note. As to why it crashes when you play it I don't know, but there is no point in hitting a couple of notes; one is sufficient.
    One thing to note, C2 is not the same on all keyboards.

Daryl

Go Back to forum