• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: how to spell waste

Share/Bookmark

how to spell waste

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    If we users WASTE the admins' time (I've had posts deleted, too ....) while helping to earn them their breakfast, then at least spell the complaints correctly!!!

My WAIST is not involved here, no computer at dinner lunch or breakfast. And imo too much banning, too much post deleting.

Re: how to spell waste

A big Thank you! to the guy from Italy for standing up for proper English usage!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

There's a philosophical school of thought which advocates the proposition that in the absence of esp, the expressions we make and record are our only reality. And that to stifle or regiment them is the essence of death. And that their growth and evolution is the essence of life.

But there was that other school that believed the opposite. That to totally eliminate verbal and musical expression would force your mental hand and allow the achievement of even better communication, understanding, and enlightenment. But I think the last time it was practiced at all was in the monastical vows of silence and I don't know that there's any evidence they proved their point. Maybe because they allowed reading and writing.

But I say turn off those spell checkers and syntax enforcers and let the language, music, and its notation evolve. At a minimum it represents the prime indicator of what's going on inside of us.

Whew (sic)... I feel better now.

Howard
    Ragtime Press

Quote Originally Posted by howardv
    But I say turn off those spell checkers and syntax enforcers and let the language, music, and its notation evolve. At a minimum it represents the prime indicator of what's going on inside of us.

Whew (sic)... I feel better now.

Howard
    Boy, I agre annd thank Yew fore saying it. Ind dhk jasjkdu nah jjsi ansnnsh and siidnm.

Yes, tHat feeelz gud.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Ind dhk jasjkdu nah jjsi ansnnsh and siidnm.
    LOL! You can almost feel your knuckles dragging along in the savannah as you say it, huh?

Just posting something sent to me.

There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.

English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France.

Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

Quicksand works slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?

If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese?

Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend.

If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?~ Is it an odd, or an end?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell?
    How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out, and in which, an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all.~ That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

P.S. - Why doesn't "Buick" rhyme with "quick"?
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Great post Steve.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Don't forget good ol' Seinfeld.

We eat brunch right? Then how come there's no Linner? Or no Lupper?

Belbin

Thank you gugliel. I stand corrected . I've been on this forum so long I am now suffering from Typoglycemia. If anyone here can reed this below you may have this condition.

Dno't delete this beaucse it lokos weird. Beleive it or not,you can raed it .....I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia -Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

English professor's nightmare

"Waisted" dude ponders deeper implications.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast