• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Geez, it's HOT in Houston!

Share/Bookmark

Geez, it's HOT in Houston!

it's not even June and we're melting already...it's a great town but from about may to october i question why i live here...fortunately, in the other months i usually get a good answer

Re: Geez, it's HOT in Houston!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    it's not even June and we're melting already...it's a great town but from about may to october i question why i live here...fortunately, in the other months i usually get a good answer
    Yeah, no joke...that's where I grew up, and we didn't have air conditioning until I was about 10 (had to walk to school in the snow and all that rot too!). The humidity along with the heat will kill you.

What the hell were those early settlers thinking?

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Talking Re: Geez, it's HOT in Houston!

Josh, send some my way will ya! It's been nothing but 30's in the mornings and near 60 mid afternoons. About the highest is may get in the summer will be around 80 possibly 90 if there is no constant wind off the lakes or coming down from Canada. For the past two weeks we've had a constant wind with a 40 degree chill. Gee, that is a heat wave comparable to the winter from September through May! Maybe I shouldn't complain?
    I'll send you a big fan.
    Styxx

I live in Houston (Scotland), and the temperature today is 14C or 57F if you prefer and people are out in t shirts, shorts, shades and all the rest of the summer gear since we might not see the sun again

We're in the same boat here in Austin, Texas and man I think my shirt caught fire from the heat yesterday while I was outside! Stay hydrated and be safe.
    http://www.jamesjumonville.com

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Get the hell outta there while there's still time.....seriously!!

Frank

It was only 111 F here in Chandler, Arizona yesterday. May hit 113 today! I didn't think it really felt that bad yesterday. It's a dry heat.

it's about 80's in Nawlins.

Jonathan

Josh,

I just saw on the news that the grackles in Houston are attacking people a la Hitcock's "The Birds" - http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/18/birds.attack.ap/

Run for cover!

lol! yeah gary, i heard about this the other day...

that's not the first time that's happened here...about a year ago i was at a chipotle (burrito joint) and they were attacking everyone (including me and my friends) that parked near their trees...it was pretty interesting...since they were right above the parked cars, you had to act really fast to get back into your car, especially if you didn't have keyless entry - it could hurt getting attacked by one of those things!! turns out it was for the same reason as this most recent story - a fallen bird...awww

Go Back to forum