• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ballet was a success!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Ballet was a success!

Hi All,
    I really don't want to be looked at as one of those trolls I keep hearing about, so forgive me... but, I told several of you that I would post an update about ballet things. SO here goes.

This past Friday and Saturday nights my ballet, The Enchanted Attic, was performed by Studio 121 and New Expressions Dance Theater of Freeport Illinois at the Ferguson Fine Arts Center on the Highland Community College Campus.
    Both performances were nearly sold out. The dancers were JUST GREAT! People really responded to the whole performance - the choreography, the music, the costumes, the lighting, everything. The fact that the ballet was produced with GPO made a LOT of people ask about the "orchestra" that was used to record it. (And I don't think I even did GPO justice with this score)

It was a success. People are ordering the DVD of the performances and soundtracks as well. I also made a little simplified piano arrangement of 4 selections from the ballet. They are going like hot-cakes.

I was humbled by the compliments I received and I am just sooo grateful for GPO. It made this soooo much better than it was 10 years ago!

Thanks Gary for producing such a great product - thanks to all the developers, engineers, programmers, and everyone who had anything to do this great library!! My hat's off to you!!!

Jerry Wickham

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: Ballet was a success!

Congratulations on your success. I have a theory that music often loses its way the further it strays from its roots in singing and dancing.

Jerry, I’m so excited for you. It's just a hoot to have your work received with such praise. Congratulations to you and to your colleagues who together pulled this off. Thank you for letting us know how it turned out.

Karl

Thumbs up Re: Ballet was a success!

Congratulations. Sounds like a very succesful show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Hi All,
    I really don't want to be looked at as one of those trolls I keep hearing about,
    Don't know why anybody would think sharing good news about a performance with GPO would make you a troll. Make as many posts about your ballet as you'd like
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by dermod
    Congratulations on your success. I have a theory that music often loses its way the further it strays from its roots in singing and dancing.
    So true. I love this anecdote from the premiere of Holst's "The Planets":

"The Planets' most popular movement, "Jupiter" represents celebration in both its rollicking and ceremonial aspects. Holst concocted a bevy of tunes inspired by Edwardian vaudeville and dance halls for the opening and closing sections; it was reported that Queen's Hall's charwomen were dancing in the corridors during the rehearsals for its premiere!"

Just think how many of the great works of the standard orchestral repertoire are actually ballets.

Congratulations, and may your piece take on a successful life beyond its premiere.

I am happy for you Jerry!

dpDan

Jerry, many congratulations on the success of the ballet. It couldn't have happened to a more wonderful person!

Much congratulations! There is a lot of satisfaction in hearing one's work. You have the extra advantage of "seeing and hearing" it performed. Best wishes for more performances.

David Young

Congrats,

Jonathan

Thumbs up Re: Ballet was a success!

A big Congratulations Jerry!

As for the "Troll" thing, Some people should never say anything that may reflect on their own personality!

Post all you want and be proud of your work. I know we all are!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum