• Register
  • Help

Topic: sounds

Share/Bookmark

sounds

Hello serious persons;
    I am happy to say I am a member of the GPO user group, as I am certain it is a distinguished one, indeed. I am a recordist , my own term ,and I am intrigued with getting congas(plus the largest fraction possible of its variations) and other new instruments into a similarly use-able format, as Gary has already done with such a large fraction of "all percussion instruments"if such a potentially vague, or easily misinterpreted list could ever be compiled ..
    I am originally doing this post because I wanted to ask into that "slap" instrument , or its possible introduction into GPO's instruments, which is so commonly heard today and understandably so very popular.. you know the one .. you slap it , and get an interesting return. I am ,as I said ,overjoyed to have all the use-able sounds already, but I certainly do not wanna miss any new ones or fail to "prod " correctly and effectively where it makes a "diff". Gary?
    I realize this habit of adding stuff to an already "wow "bargain might threaten a good man with a potential headache so I am wanting to exercise caution, whether or not it shows. let me just say I never mean to impy more is due or expected to comprise worth, as my library is long long past worthy of what I spent.
    I am just sort of hoping to be in touch with whom I am "supposed" to be in touch with, among those who might read here , since the user base is as diverse as the world itself and maybe more... butto complete my productions and anything else I can I know i will meet the right folks whose interest lie in the same place and can use me as I can them... if in asmall way .. or for only council or much more.. just that today is the day.
    My music may have a less than traditional sound or some may spot my transparence immediately ..I can't say for sure, but I have had some very unusual reactions to my stuff....at garage band.com where players evaluate each others songs on a one by one basis ,regulated and charted , by the system ,one guy, whose music I liked a lot(incidently), was very irate and angry after listening to my song..as I noticed how distinctive and expressive he made music, his descroptive of why he got mad at hearin g my music was not as eleoquent as the man. Just in a word. and so i am dumfounded but do not care the world need anger and confusion too, butI am not after stocking up on the stuff..so thats why I am so uncertain about ..what not

but I love the gPO and being a part of its user group and I relish what tomorrow brings from its existence! and thats only what I am doing the rest of yas have not shown me to be too raggedy! I am just too behind in my own kettle of fish to stop and listen to the rest.. nothing personal
    I have so much raw stuff on audio I must "derive' from it what ever i meant to and discard or file it and continue to the next bit of recorded ideas..
    My goal being the production of an LP or record of my own original compositions, and formed to comprise a "whole package" which has some comtiuity but unique and unlike anything else other than having the feel of familiarity of an un distinguishable origin, or even a less then detectable familiarity... a magic...
    and of course I am the only person to ever have this "plan" or dream'
    I shall at least pretnd as if i believe so..
    See , in my efforts to combat the drone boredom of sameness,( in my
    finished product) and the completion of cookie-cutter rock&roll music or pop or anything else, I have produce the completion of nothing complete... but an awful lot of it.. in fact about 40 gb or so give or take...
    Hello and haya to you all and "ciao" as well

I figure, why not, what the heck ?
    comments ,retorts ,answers to "what is wrong with me?"are welcome along with anything else..choww

Re: sounds

woopes

I just remembered

Doe anyone notice an unusually large consumption of "cpu hp" when using the new instruments(which I love)
    I had no problem on my 3mhz box but my 2.00 one sort of stammers upon seeing 75% usage or more which happens when playing full chords on some things
    just wondering what others have noticed

Jbon,

I recorded slap instruments that will be in the GPO Advanced set. There will be a vibra-slap in the Jazz Big Band collection.

And we can always sample Brian2112 slapping people with a trout

Gary Garritan

"My music may have a less than traditional sound or some may spot my transparence immediately ..I can't say for sure, but I have had some very unusual reactions to my stuff....at garage band.com where players evaluate each others songs on a one by one basis ,regulated and charted , by the system ,one guy, whose music I liked a lot(incidently), was very irate and angry after listening to my song..as I noticed how distinctive and expressive he made music, his descroptive of why he got mad at hearin g my music was not as eleoquent as the man. Just in a word"

Wow, now that is an impressive, run on sentence!

Welcome to the forum Jbon. I think you will enjoy yourself here very much. Please feel free to post your GPO compositions here. We pride ourselves on being a supportive community, based on constructive not destructive critizism (did I spell that right? Oh well!).

Anyway, welcome to the fold. I look forward to hearing some of your music. If there is anything I or any of us can do to help, please let us know.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum