• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3.1 KS feature

Share/Bookmark

Question Giga 3.1 KS feature

I saw a short video about GS3.1 and it mentioned a feature that allowed you to set up a keyswitch that keyswitched between stacked instruments. What would this do to keyswitches that are in those stacked instruments?

-Chris

Re: Giga 3.1 KS feature

I assume that the instrument keyswitches would be nested.

In other words, if the instrument is exposed by the stacked keyswitch, then the instrument keyswitch operates normally.

Normally one would map the switches to different keys, so they don't overlap.

-JF

How bout crossfading between instruments that already use crossfade (using different controllers, of couse)?

That would be the absoulte bomb.

Belbin

I'm not sure about x-fading. We'll see.

I know that you can remap the instruments to different keys and octaves. And you can do keyswitches. And you can map by velocity - play soft for one piano and loud for another!

It should be fun!

-JF

I wonder if you can do different combinations of instruments playing in unison. That would be cool. If you have inst 1, inst 2, and inst. 3 you could keyswitch and cut out inst 2, or just play inst 1, or play inst 2 and 3. That would be cool.

-Chris

EDIT: oops! Just realized it! With the different combos you can x-fade very easily!

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    .....oops! Just realized it! With the different combos you can x-fade very easily!
    True, but I see where you're comin from. I'd like to stack 2 different small violin sections, for instance-so I could use one track in my sequencer, but be able to do unison, divisi, or one or the other. That doesn't seem likely. Can ya stack stacked instruments with this new beast?

About the x-fade: Wouldn't it be cool if you could have flutes with dynamic crossfade, and x-fade that with a flutter tongue/flutter tongue 8va x-fade?
    You would get a kind of random access to the different elements involved: No having to pass through an undesirable sound to reach the other end. I guess you could crossfade the two patched in your sequencer, but that'd be no fun.

Belbin

ps. Set up yet, Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    ps. Set up yet, Chris?
    I'm getting there.............

Go Back to forum