• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tuba Overlay AG Sound Problem

Share/Bookmark

Tuba Overlay AG Sound Problem

On two seperate computers I've found a problem with the Tuba Overlay AG:
    Notes E-G# (four notes below middle C) seem to 'disrupt' after about a second, a second and a half. It's not 'crackles', it's not a loop click...it may in fact be there on purpose! That is, I can image someone wanting a tuba sound that's less than perfectly smooth. I don't, but my point is that it seems to be a 'musical' problem rather than strictly technical.

In any case, I thought I'd bring it to people's/Gary's attention to see if it's just me. If it's not, any chance of a solution going forward? Man, do I love that Tuba Overlay AG...it's perfect for the music I right. Seriously, I'd write an ode to 'Tuba Overlay AG'...if only e-g# worked better (just kidding).

Thanks all!

Re: Tuba Overlay AG Sound Problem

Imagegod, when I come across a note or a few that are not good enough, I use the adjacent note that is good, and draw a pitch change for that note in Digitial Performer, it works great.
    This isn't really any different that the common practice that appears in most libraries that are not sampled chromatically.

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Imagegod, when I come across a note or a few that are not good enough, I use the adjacent note that is good, and draw a pitch change for that note in Digitial Performer, it works great.
    This isn't really any different that the common practice that appears in most libraries that are not sampled chromatically.

dpDan
    Now that's an interesting thought...do you have the MIDI number for pitch change in GPO?

Thanks!

I don't change the pitch in GPO perse, I place the pitch change in the midi track, and that is sent along for the ride to GPO, when GPO get's that note, it is instructed to raise or lower the pitch, depending on the note you borrowed for the moment.
    I hope that makes sense...

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I place the pitch change in the midi track
    dpDan
    It makes sense...I just don't know how to 'place a pitch change in a midi track'...I use Overture SE and it has a workable sequencer with MIDI messages...perhaps I should ask Overture people how to do this.

Thanks for all your help!

Go Back to forum