• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Old lady sample glitch.

Share/Bookmark

Old lady sample glitch.

Hello did nobody notice the glitch on sample- 39 lady G2 -.?
    Does somebody have a repaired sample for me? I tried to repair it, i come close but not enough to get rid of it all.

Thanks help will be aprreciated.

Re: Old lady sample glitch.

Bump!

I send an e-mail to PMI i send an e-mail to michiel post on this forum. I put it on the forum and no answering wow great support PMI!

Nobody else having a good sample for me since it is very annoying to hear the glitch while playing!

I hear you. I hear you.
    I just don´t have access to these files right now. So I cannot check if the sample is damaged here also.
    If I remember correctly I replaced several notes with glitches by lending a note from a higher or lower velocity range, solving it without too much problems.
    What sampler format is the disk you have?
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I have GS3 and i did lend a sample from a higher velocity range! But i prefer to have a the original without a glitch. I repaired temporariliy.

Also the problem is in the middle of the sample so i can not get rid of it by putting the attack at 0.001 sec.!

Greetings Wilfred.

Hi..

I am also using Old Lady GS3, and there is a click in the G2 note velocity around 39, and the highest velocity layer on the F5, both without, and especially with pedal is harsh and sticks out.

I hope these can be fixed, as especially the harsh F5 really spoils the Old Lady for me.

I purchased Gigastudio 3 to run libraries like the PMI Old Lady and Emperor, and the Vintaudio C7.

I wonder if Michiel would still recommend this platform if I were starting from scratch today, or if Kontakt 2 would be a better choice.

If Kontakt 2 were a significantly better platform, I would consider buying it.

Also, it runs on both PC and Mac, which is a decided bonus, in my opinion.

Patrick

I got curious about it.
    Are you talking about a single sample?
    Would you like to send me the sample and give me a try to repair it with my tools?

Of course only if its a legal copy.

Chris Hein

Hi Chris,

Sure, I could send you the sample, and yes, it's a legal copy...but I think I'll wait until I hear from Michiel...if he can't fix it, I'll dig in deeper.....and send it along to you for repairs...

maybe he's finishing his clavichord..I hope so, because his harpsichords are great!

Thanks for your offer......

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Godfrey
    Hi..

I am also using Old Lady GS3, and there is a click in the G2 note velocity around 39, and the highest velocity layer on the F5, both without, and especially with pedal is harsh and sticks out.

I hope these can be fixed, as especially the harsh F5 really spoils the Old Lady for me.

I purchased Gigastudio 3 to run libraries like the PMI Old Lady and Emperor, and the Vintaudio C7.

I wonder if Michiel would still recommend this platform if I were starting from scratch today, or if Kontakt 2 would be a better choice.

Patrick

Yes that is correct also F5 is having a glitch!
    Chris Hein thanks for the offer and will keep that in mind, but at the moment is Michiel Post working on that, so i will wait for his solution.

39 lady G2.wav is on-line for your downloading pleasure.
    You can download it straigh into the samples folder replacing the old file if you're using Kontakt, Halion or EXS. If you use GS3, you need to do a sample replace routine in the sample pool. Save the whole gig after replacing it.

To add some fuel to the fire: Kontakt 2 kicks everything else right of the musical map at this moment. It's scripting possibilities are really ground-breaking. The scripts for sympathetic resonance in sampled pianos are a major break-through in my view. Other scripts have similar impact.
    It all boils down to developers bringing these new goodies into their instruments. We saw that GS3 is not supported by the main symphonic lib developers (EastWest, VSL, Gary and many others) which is sad. Without the support from developers the software has limited use on it's own. It's a tool that needs the right material to be useful. Without the support the software also grows slower towards more advanced features that are designed for the supporting library developers.

I have high hopes for K2 at this point. I don't see competition keeping up so fast with the latest developments (naturally Halion will follow the scripting option and come with some form of convolution inside the software and Giga will bring more iMidi rule freedom), I'm talking about major improvements, not immitations... Giga will have to become VSTi based in the future (and add Mac versions) to stay in the race. These developments take time and lots of money.
    So yes, Kontakt2 is the most advanced software at this moment in my view.
    Have a listen to the Kontakt 2 demos on our website.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Hi Michiel.

I've just downloaded the latest 39 Lady G2 fix and unfortunately there seems to be a glitch at the beginning of the sample.

Nick

Go Back to forum