• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Needed: Harmonica multi-samples

Share/Bookmark

Needed: Harmonica multi-samples

Has anyone created a dedicated harmonica multi-sample library for Giga? I need one urgently! I've googled around but can't find anything that isn't just a bunch of licks and phrases. I'm only interested in expressive multisamples. TIA.

Re: Needed: Harmonica multi-samples

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_J
    Has anyone created a dedicated harmonica multi-sample library for Giga? I need one urgently! I've googled around but can't find anything that isn't just a bunch of licks and phrases. I'm only interested in expressive multisamples. TIA.
    I think there is an X-Sample CD with harmonica on it. Check out soundsonline.

Christian

Thanks brilohead but I couldn't find it. Doesn't matter really. X-sample isn't exactly the epitome of expression anyway in my experience. I googled some more and came across an old topic on this site where someone said they were editing a Dan Dean Harmonica library which was to be released. Unfortunately it looks like it never saw the light of day. Other ideas? Looks like I'll be hiring a guy for this.

I´m thinking about doing a good harmonica,
    because I know the best harmonicaplayer in germany.
    Not just blues but in a realistic Stevie Wonder style.

This would be something with ca. 5.000 Samples.
    Is anyone else interestet in a perfect harmonica ?
    Do you think there is a lot of interest in such an instrument?

The good thing about harmonica is, it does´nt need 15 dynamics. :-)
    But 350 different playing techniques. :-(

Chris Hein

Depends of the price. My goal is to have a "perfect" setup with all the instruments I will ever need, even the weird and ultra-rarely needed stuff. I'm not sure if I will need a harmonica library but for a decent price I will buy it just in case.

Hey Thomas, don't you have a VL70m? Doesn't it have a harmonica in it?

The VL1 has a couple of really good ones, and for harmonica I think I'd rather use it than samples.

Quote Originally Posted by brilohead
    I think there is an X-Sample CD with harmonica on it. Check out soundsonline.

Christian
    nope - you might be confusing it with the Jews' Harp or Kazoo.

I dont' know what style you need it for but there is Gigga Biggs Harmonic Esentail CD for Giga. I think it must just be licks. When I do blues I use Sampletank2, or maybe it's Sonic Synth Blues Traveler Harmonica. I got blues!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Jiminy Crickets! You're right, Nick! Sometimes the solution is right in front of you (or in this case behind a couple of lcd monitors) . Thanks!

Strangecat, thanks for your suggestions. Nick had the solution, but I'll check out those libraries in case my trusty old VL70m doesn't cut it.

Go Back to forum