• Register
  • Help

Topic: To developer ! Percussions loops request

Share/Bookmark

To developer ! Percussions loops request

Dear Sound libs developers ! I have a request
    I'm still hunting for Percussions loop library ...i know there are so many other Perc loops out there but what I want [maybe lots of people will looking for too] is a "simple" kind and in good quality.
    Most of Perc loops available - I always find loops are so busy [in 1/16] or "swing".
    Why not have some simple 1/8 and straight beat? I listen to Latin contemporary music in rumba, bosanova etc...congas, bongo are playing very simple but very effective
    Percs in RMX are great but only for jamming, rarely fit for romantic music
    I remember long ago, I bought "percussion slam" ... it's great and I still using it.
    I tried to program the loops myself with Culture, sounds great but took me so much time
    I want something simple like "black magic woman by Santana" or new version of "hotel california"
    Anybody with me ?
    Thanks
    Sonny

Re: To developer ! Percussions loops request

Try using some of the RMX precussion Loops at half tempo.
    That might give you the feel you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by martyfrasu
    Try using some of the RMX precussion Loops at half tempo.
    That might give you the feel you are looking for.
    tried that ...many time won't work ...the sounds too short at 1/2 speed ...
    I am not looking for tip/tricks since I believe I spent so much time for work around ...plus I don't like perc loops in RMX, grooves are so predictable [1-2-3-4 in swing] and sounds are so aggressive
    How about a "sweet" sounding percussions ? Culture has that "sweet" but too bad, no loops

Quote Originally Posted by dsstudio
    I am not looking for tip/tricks since I believe I spent so much time for work around ...plus I don't like perc loops in RMX, grooves are so predictable [1-2-3-4 in swing] and sounds are so aggressive
    How about a "sweet" sounding percussions ? Culture has that "sweet" but too bad, no loops
    Have you ever tired running a congaloop through the wahwah in RMX for some real angry attitude?

Anyway- there are some programmed MIDI loops available for Culture.
    They are part of one of the updates that have been released quite a while ago.

best
    Hans

Have you heard the Liquid Grooves expansion? Sweet!
    And far from predictable.

Have you tried Liquid Grooves?

Those sounds are much softer and more sparse in general....they aren't Latin-oriented, but they can be used really effectively in that style. Liquid Grooves has a lot of good ballad oriented parts.

In fact, we'll be doing a Pro News Item about some World Music/Latin artists soon that are using RMX and Liquid Grooves in exactly this way.

I know what you are looking for though...focus of the RMX core library is quite different than that style.

Hope that's helpful.

spectrum

yeah, liquid groove...I forgot, it's great ...i use shaker parts a lot.
    but really, somehow I still feel LG is still a little fancy beat
    I own just about every drums or perc loops, even try to make rex files from acidized loops to import in RMX ...
    I just wish that I can buy something percussions loops simple enough for playing along with 2 guitars rhythm tracks and 1 or 2 solo ...also, Perc fill-ins [same sound set] would be nice
    Can't wait for your new products Mr Eric ! I'm your fan for 10 years now since the time you worked for Roland ...still using your work [roland sample libraries, I can not forget that solo violin in double disc orchestra set - heard it in George Michael album "older"]
    Sonny

Cool Re: To developer ! Percussions loops request

I remember a few years back, after the introduction of Groove Control title “Retro Funk”, Spectrasonics announced “BackBeat” and a title called something like “Brazilian Beat”. “BackBeat” was released but “Brazilian Beat” got axed. I wonder if any material was already recorded for that… it could make an interesting (mini-)expander!
    "I'm worried that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else." Lily Tomlin

Go Back to forum