• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale help

Share/Bookmark

Finale help

I have a few questions to ask some of you Finale Gurus. First off regarding a harp glissando and the tool for gliss, does this tool let you specify the notes to prepare ? If so where is this option? Secondly if it does not let you do this then is it possible to change the key signature temporarily just for the harp(one to fit the gliss obviously) and just simply hide it*though this really does not make sense as such a program should be able to specify the notes for the player to read and prepare". I know you can most likely use the Tuplet custom tool, but im just wondering if im missing something here

Second question. Regarding Piano pieces/human-playback. I'm experimenting with this and it appears that even when you do try to humanize it the overall dynamic curve for each note is pretty much the same. Being very picky about piano, is there a possibility to specify which notes should be a little louder ?(ie melodic content).

Sorry for the onslaught,, just new to finale(but love it already). I thought I would try for myself for a few days but these two things seem to elude me. I thought I would try here.

Re: Finale help

You might want to try posting these questions on the Finale Forum and put something in the subject title about "Human Playback". Robert Piechaud (the human playback developer) often responds to these type of questions. Robert did post a Finale file last year that demonstrated the harp glissandos who asking about. I'm sure he'll be able to answer your questions.

JT

I haven't used it for a while, but there's also a plug-in in TGTools dealing with these issues. I think you specify the pedal settings, put the gliss. line in the score, then apply the plug-in, which will add hidden notes to your piece for correct playback of the gliss.

(This is in the full version of TGTools. I don't think it's in the lite version which is included with Finale.)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thanks both of you
    Dan im assuming if im understanding correctly the plugin will allow you to specify notes(pedal settings ect)only for playback(which is fine as thats one of the things im after)? What about preperation in view for a score and not worrying about playback? You do this with text? Im not just concerned with playback but also with the actual look of the score for realism. Just puting a gliss symbol between a beginning and ending note doesnt cut it

Thanks both of you again.

Go Back to forum