• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best inspiration when night falls

Share/Bookmark

Post Best inspiration when night falls

Here is 23:45 pm and night is falling.
    And this is not the first time I find ispiration to write nice pieces of music.
    It seems that usually I can find better feeling with the music at this time, moving my fingers on the piano with more easiness (and then moving to the score).
    I don't know it's just my feeling or this is what happens also to you.
    Is it the same for you?
    Sometime I think that the length of the day should be longer, with more night hours, you don't think so?

Best,
    Roberto

Re: Best inspiration when night falls

Same thing happens here. About 11:30pm I decide to get to bed, then I think "Oh, I just got this great music idea.....let me just open Sonar real quick and lay out a few tracks". Then I get more and more ideas, and start to expand on those "few" tracks. Then as I go to shut down my computer, I notice the time on the taskbar.....2:45am!

Time does fly when you're having fun.

Great ideas almost always emerge during the late night hours. Think of it ... most of the day there are distractions! Work, family, TV, just plain everyday activities that occupy your mind during the day are quite less if not non existent during the twighlite hours! Why, even the birds are sleeping! There is less traffic, less planes overhead, the kids are sleeping, the wife may be busy herself or sleeping as well! Phone calls are at a minimum or non existent! The Internet has less traffic your buddies are all asleep or busy composing as well! My best time is after 1 am till 4 am.
    There is just a lot less to think about! No distractions of the usual everyday busy life kind. So, compose your heart out! This is when what you love to do the most takes over and has your total undivided attention!
    Styxx

Same for me, only on the other side of night. I get up at 4am to compose and practice. My wife and kids are sleeping and the house is totally quiet.
    No phone calls, no noise around the house. My kids grew up with this routine so they sleep right through the piano and saxophone.

Peace

Rik

I don't think I've ever written a single note during daylight.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

[QUOTE=etLux]I don't think I've ever written a single note during daylight.

Ah yes THE NIGHT,theres more bandwidth available in the great collective soul of humanity.I nearly always write at night,since the age of 14.The funny thing is,when I am on holiday I get up at 6 or 7. Go Figure.
    Night Owls of the world Unite!!!
    Errr... well.... not actually unite, more like sit in splendid isolation and murmur appreciatively in each others general direction.....
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Here is 23:45 pm and night is falling.
    And this is not the first time I find ispiration to write nice pieces of music.
    It seems that usually I can find better feeling with the music at this time, moving my fingers on the piano with more easiness (and then moving to the score).
    I don't know it's just my feeling or this is what happens also to you.
    Is it the same for you?
    Sometime I think that the length of the day should be longer, with more night hours, you don't think so?

Best,
    Roberto
    I do most of my work late at night. But it is not because of quiet, etc. Even in the afternoon, redwood trees don't make much noise, and neighbors are not very close, and usually not noticed. Three cars per hour constitutes heavy traffic. No TV! Very little radio. So all I can deduce is that night time is just my time.

Richard

I have ALWAYS been that way too - I have written my very best music from 10pm - 4:00Am It doesn't seem to matter if I am tired or wide awake - my musical ideas just flow during that time.
    I think the lack of distractions helps, but I know that my creativity peaks during those wee hours.

I wonder if there is a scientific study about this phenomenon. Musicians and their creativity at night. hmmmm.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

count me in too...for some reason, i always enjoy seeing darkness fall, but do not like seeing the sun rise...it's as if the sun is there to say "hello there! back to reality now!"...

joaz said:
    Ah yes THE NIGHT,theres more bandwidth available in the great collective soul of humanity.
    beautifully stated...i think there's a lot of truth in that

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    count me in too...for some reason, i always enjoy seeing darkness fall, but do not like seeing the sun rise...
    It's always affected me the same way, even as a kid...especially when there's a clear horizon so you can see the sun actually disappear...very emotional time. Ideas always seem to flow better late at night, but it sure plays hell with the day job!
    ;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Go Back to forum