• Register
  • Help

Topic: Confused about Scarbee products

Question Confused about Scarbee products

Hi all

I'm interested in purchasing Scarbee's W.E.P, R.S.P. and Vintage FX via the Gold Bundle but have the following worries:

1. Does the bundle feature the full products (e.g. both DI and mic'd versions of the Rhodes)?
    2. Is the Vintage FX worth going for, or should I opt for the Keyboard Collection instead (without the FX and cheaper)
    3. What format to buy it in? To be honest, I'm a little confused by what's available. I'm more interested in having better quality/dynamics than saving money.
    4. Is there much variation in the amount of resources consumed between formats?

If anybody has any thoughts on the above, I'd love to hear them.

All the best,

Smile Re: Confused about Scarbee products

Hey Steve!

Scarbee Keyboard Gold Bundle (KGB) is a Virtual Instrument that comes with its own player. It will work as a Standalone, VSTi, DXi, AU, & ReWire device. It is available in only that format.

All instruments are the full products (there are no mic'd in any version) recorded direct and really capture the true essence of the instrument, this also allows for great flexibility when working with VKFX.

All of our feedback has been extremely positive about the VKFX. Many people say it is the icing on the cake. VKFX is awesome for getting the most realistic emulation of the classic sounds, plus the capabilty to make some crazy new ones, definately check out the KGB demos.

Overall, if you dig Vintage Keyboards, The Scarbee KGB is the way to go.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Best Regards,
    Al J.
    Sonic Implants

Re: Confused about Scarbee products

If you're interested in quality, definitely get the KGB. I wrote a short bit about it in this thread, which describes some of the uses for VKFX above and beyond Scarbee's impeccible keyboard instruments.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Hi Guys

Not sure why I thought there was a mic'd version of the rhodes - perhaps I'm thinking of another product.

Anyway, I appreciate your advice. I started off with the intention of purchasing a real Wurlitzer but soon came to the conclusion that most of the instruments out there are in need of partial restoration + setup. In short, purchasing Scarbee's version is likely to sound better than most real instruments I could find. Particularly when processed by his effects.

I only really have one question remaining - (and this is perhaps one for Mr Scarbee himself) - which keyboard was used to control the instrument during development? I'm currently using a crummy Korg keyboard that has somewhat random/inconsistent MIDI output and will need to replace this to get the most out of the Scarbee.

Thanks again!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest.
    I used a Fatar SL-1100 (velocity-curve 3 - normal) - this works very nicely.

Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Go Back to forum