• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Creative projects at school

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Creative projects at school

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I have a biology teacher that always assigns us creative projects. They drive me absolutely NUTS!! What's the point of making a travel brochure of a cell? To teach us about all the organelles, of course! But another way to learn that--just make a chart of each organelle, it's appearance, it's function, and what kind of cells it's in.

WHY DO WE HAVE THIS STUPID ARTSY PROJECTS IN HIGH SCHOOL??!!?!?!?

C'mon! Three artsie projects in ONE week? Cutting, gluing, coloring! It's time wasted!! I have a busy life between my other classes and my music. I don't have time to cut, paste, and color!

I think a better alternative would be to have a choice of three projects: a creative one, a semi-creative one, or a streight-foreward one. That way the students could choose the project that would best fit them.

What's your opinion on creative projects at school?

-Chris

BTW: I'm a frosh in HS, and this biology class is sophmore level.

Re: Creative projects at school

Don't you see the possibilities? You find a cute girl in your class. Ask her how she is going to approach the assignment. Complement her on the artwork in her cell brochure or something like that. Ask her if she wants to work together on this outside of class. Or even...tell her since she is a lot better artist than you (whether it is true or not), would she help you with your artwork in the brochure. You could return the favor by treating her to a movie or lunch one weekend.

Seeeeeee....the possibilities....all because your teacher gave you a creative project.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Like Brian says, ya gotta work the angles, man!
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Chris,

Savor the creative projects! If the assignment is ridiculous, go over the top.

Too often creativity is squashed in this world. If you look at this as an opportunity, rather than a stupid assignment, you might just have some fun with it. It's the classes where they don't tolerate creativity that you have to worry...

Maybe you could convince the teacher that you and a (cute) classmate need to make a movie about disecting frogs or something - and you get to do the score!

-JF

So do you have one of those funny biology books saying that evolution is only a theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    So do you have one of those funny biology books saying that evolution is only a theory?
    Oh great.......let's not start debating about evolution!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Don't you see the possibilities? You find a cute girl in your class. Ask her how she is going to approach the assignment. Complement her on the artwork in her cell brochure or something like that. Ask her if she wants to work together on this outside of class. Or even...tell her since she is a lot better artist than you (whether it is true or not), would she help you with your artwork in the brochure. You could return the favor by treating her to a movie or lunch one weekend.

Seeeeeee....the possibilities....all because your teacher gave you a creative project.

Good thought, Brian!
    I never thougth of that!

Well, looking back on my post I see that I was obviously cranky from staying up 'till 11:00 working on the meiosis flipbook.

Thanks for helping me see the bright side!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    C'mon! Three artsie projects in ONE week? Cutting, gluing, coloring! It's time wasted!! I have a busy life between my other classes and my music. I don't have time to cut, paste, and color!
    I'm with you! All that colouring, cutting, gluing and pasting is such a bore!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    All that colouring...
    And you complained about MY spelling!

coloring.

And it's not really the boredom that bothers me. It's actualy quite entertaining, but just time flies so quickly with these artsie projects! Then before you know it it's three hours past your normal bedtime!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    And you complained about MY spelling!

coloring.
    ummm...British spelling?
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    ummm...British spelling?

I know.
    Just giving good ole Paul here a hard time!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast