• Register
  • Help

Topic: midi sustain pedal

Share/Bookmark

midi sustain pedal

Hello everyone!

I'm in dire need of the ability to use sustain with my master midi keyboard. I was wondering if I will be able to use something like the Behringer FCB1010, which is a MIDI pedal which I plan on using for my guitar as well, to control the sustain in GS3?

Thanks in advance!

Re: midi sustain pedal

Well, I can't see why you couldn't set one of the preset switches to do a midi controller 64, for the midi channel you are addressing. The programming system is a little oblique - lots of levels of menus, but does work, once you get 'into' it. I use mine for note on/off messages, and foot controller and volume messages. Sometimes the transformer buzzes a bit, and I have lost the lowest range on the expression pedals (below about midi number 18), have to get the shop to look at that. Still, a hugely versatile product, and not at all expensive. What about a simple Roland switching pedal, or something similar? Would be much cheaper, if you only want sustain. Michiel Post has prepared special patches for his Emperor and Old Lady Pianos using a continuous sustain function, which I think is extremely cool. Check his Blog site if you are interested in more information. The Behringer could do that, I suppose, on its volume pedal, but a proper damper-type switch would be more authentic. I don't know who makes anything like that, though.

Re: midi sustain pedal

Quote Originally Posted by stephenphillips
    Well, I can't see why you couldn't set one of the preset switches to do a midi controller 64, for the midi channel you are addressing. The programming system is a little oblique - lots of levels of menus, but does work, once you get 'into' it. I use mine for note on/off messages, and foot controller and volume messages. Sometimes the transformer buzzes a bit, and I have lost the lowest range on the expression pedals (below about midi number 18), have to get the shop to look at that. Still, a hugely versatile product, and not at all expensive. What about a simple Roland switching pedal, or something similar? Would be much cheaper, if you only want sustain. Michiel Post has prepared special patches for his Emperor and Old Lady Pianos using a continuous sustain function, which I think is extremely cool. Check his Blog site if you are interested in more information. The Behringer could do that, I suppose, on its volume pedal, but a proper damper-type switch would be more authentic. I don't know who makes anything like that, though.
    Thank you for your reply, sir. The reason I'll be using this specific pedal product is because I'll be able to use it for multiple purposes. So this pedal product would be ideal for this purpose. I hope I can get it to work

Go Back to forum