• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Bots: the world's first virtual band

Share/Bookmark

The Bots: the world's first virtual band

The Bots are being touted as the world's first virtual band. They are artificial personalities who appear as animated 3d models and rap and sing with speech synthesizers.

"The Bots illustrate a future where artists, actors, performers and all sorts of media figures will be not human, but sophisticated human-like simulations. That this will happen is a simple issue of economics. As artificial personality simulations become more effective, entertainment conglomerates will find human "creatives" and "stars" to be increasingly irrelevant, replaceable, and disposable."

According to their site " The Bots want you to think for yourself, and throw off the yoke of media fabrication and corporate mind control. The Bots want to encourage you to think a little more deeply about our planet, our future, and our interaction with technology."

"The Bots are here to demonstrate entertainment technology as a force for good, a force for freedom, rather than a mind-numbing tool of corporate control. Synthia v2 is the most advanced human simulation on the planet. Most observers agree that she has more personality and lyrical depth than most if not all of the human female divas on the pop charts right now. In fact, Synthia's not even playing their game. She's on a larger mission for world peace, love and harmony. Really."

I'm not making this up.

Gary Garritan

Wink Re: The Bots: the world's first virtual band

Synthia v2 is the most advanced human simulation on the planet. Most observers agree that she has more personality and lyrical depth than most if not all of the human female divas on the pop charts right now.
    That can't be too hard for her seeing that between all the Divas on the pop charts don't have half a brain between them!
    Hard to believe.

Say, "The Bots" five times fast!

Well, I'll admit they gave her a nice set of lungs but what more does a diva need to sell today?
    Styxx

Re: The Bots: the world's first virtual band

Whoa

I thought at first this was some kind of exagerated joke or something - but this guy who does this is taking this VERY seriously. Hmmm. The Bots are gonna save us all from corporate greed and musical freedoms being suppressed? hmmm. IMO seems like someone needs to lighten up a bit.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

[Monty Python]

Don't like her? What's wrong with her?? She's rich, she's beautiful, she's got huge........

.... tracts of land!

[/Monty Python]
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

huge........

.... tracts of land
    Yup, that about sums it up.

I truly believe that the characters in the game "The Sims" put on a better show than "The Bots".
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Go Back to forum