• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga, Vota and Cubase SX .. How?

Share/Bookmark

Question Giga, Vota and Cubase SX .. How?

Hey..

I have a problem I hope you can help me with.

I've been using Cubase for some time now, but now I want to make some symphonic rock/metal. So I got Voices of the Apocalypse for the vocals with Giga Studio 3.04 and then downloaded VOTA Utility 2.0 of the internet (SoundsOnline). Now, I don't have a keyboard yet, so currently I'm forced to Loopback the MIDI signal (with Marple Midi Tools). I don't have a GSIF-compatible soundcard either, so things have to work through ReWire.

The obvious thing here is to make things work with Vota Utility, so I can type the lyrics, then have it played by Cubase SX in the score/key editor.

I've fiddled around with some settings, but either of them works.

This is what VOTA Utility help says:

"Sequencer midi out: Loopback midi out 1

Utility midi in: Loopback midi in 1
    Utility midi out: Nemesys port 1

Gigastudio midi in: none"

Either I just can't make it work or I don't understand it! Can someone explaine it properly?

This is the software I have, where Vota/Giga being the new software:

Cubase SX 2
    Halion 2
    Voices of the Apocalypse/Giga Studio Orchestra 3.04
    VOTA Utility 2.0

Please help me, as I'm about to pull my hair out of their sockets!
    Gabrielle: “Contest, pageant. It’s a feeble excuse for men to exploit and degrade women.”
    Salmoneous: “Wrong as usual, Miss Sunshine. Since when do we ever need an excuse?!”

Re: Giga, Vota and Cubase SX .. How?

Well it should work the way it says in manual..I work on SX3 and GS3 in rewire, and VOTA works fine..

Did you load all the samples on port1 in GS3?

Tjerk

Re: Giga, Vota and Cubase SX .. How?

I think so.

Can you post your setup? Or du you use two machines? If only one, please tell my how. It's quite frustrating.
    Gabrielle: “Contest, pageant. It’s a feeble excuse for men to exploit and degrade women.”
    Salmoneous: “Wrong as usual, Miss Sunshine. Since when do we ever need an excuse?!”

Go Back to forum