• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Look at this Bastard of a worm I just cleaned!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Look at this Bastard of a worm I just cleaned!!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...WORM_OPASERV.R

I don't use Anti-Virus software, I know I should, But I haven't gotten a virus in 6 years.... It's hard to tell you have it.. I noticed my router was pinging like a mofo.. It wouldn't let me install the trend micro update pattern, after an hour I forced it, and said, "Trend Micro has detected malware.worm OPASERV.R and cleand it".. Did a regedit, and it did get rid of it in time... Clase call man!

Re: Look at this Bastard of a worm I just cleaned!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhed
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...WORM_OPASERV.R

I don't use Anti-Virus software, I know I should, But I haven't gotten a virus in 6 years.... It's hard to tell you have it.. I noticed my router was pinging like a mofo.. It wouldn't let me install the trend micro update pattern, after an hour I forced it, and said, "Trend Micro has detected malware.worm OPASERV.R and cleand it".. Did a regedit, and it did get rid of it in time... Clase call man!

I feel this happened because I put the C drive on share..But I thought with a router it couldn't be accessed, Appearantly, I was wrong...

That thing looks nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A router will prevent 95% of all hackers from accessing your computer, but it sounds like sharing your drive might indeed make it easier to access. Is it possible this worm infected your computer through a download?

It just doesn't make logical sense to me that someone who actually gained access to your computer would just upload a virus. Not to make you paranoid or anything, but why wouldn't he try and retrieve all your personal information?

At any rate. Drive no longer shared, worm contained, problem solved.

VICTORY IS YOURS!!!!!
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Ouch!
    Glad you got that one!

I'd die w/o my computer!

Geez!
    What people that don't know how to use their knowledge and inginuity for good and not evil do these days..........

-Chris

That's the worst one I've ever heard of.

The worst one I ever had on a Mac was nVir, which used to make the Mac say "don't panic." But you could easily get rid of it.

It's possible I got it through a download.... It's the first time I left my c Drive on my music computer shared with the other PC I have without switching it back... The only thing I downloaded was this ring-converter software demo to upload distinctive rings to your cell phone.... I don't understand yet, cause I've been so good at keeping crap like this off my PC's... Either way, I got freakin lucky, This is my composition PC, not something I'm prepared to reload and re-do... Close call.. Remember, Even though I had a firewall, just sharing my C drive, I think Made this happen.....

"why wouldn't he try and retrieve all your personal information"

Frogness, I don't know if he did, there wasn't much ID theft stuff on my HD..... But part of the description of this worm was, it can use your DSL service as a source of distribution in a way... Thats what gave it away for me, My router was going fyckin haywire... And after alls said and done, I think it somehow dried my router... I have to keep resetting every 20 ins now... Pretty damn bad man...

If you have an open share, there are worms that will self-propagate to your system over a network (including the internet). And having a router won't stop it if your system is in the DMZ.

But if you don't have it in the DMZ, I'd be curious as to how you got it.... troubling indeed.

So if my PCs are connected to a router and left on, they're susceptible to that even if I don't download anything?

Seriously, that's the worst worm I've ever heard of. I didn't know it was possible to write a program that can even screw up your firmware.

What an ~~~~~~~ whoever wrote that is.

Nick, I think he means if you leave your C drive as shared, I never used the sharing feature onmy harddrive before.... After reading brady's post, I think I understand alot better now... I probably didn't download anything that did this, Leaving my C drive as shared for a week is probably how I got it, And yeah, without having to do anything... The description kinda ran along the same lines as what brady was sayin.... But don't panic, you can leave your PC on days and never have this happen, That is if you have a firewall of some sort, It's ONLY because I left the sharing feature on my C drive, Which from now on If I want to share files between my 2 PC's, I wil turn the sharing on, and then back off when I am done......

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast