• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius+Garritan on a Mac PB?

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius+Garritan on a Mac PB?

Is anyone successfully using Sibelius and Garritan together on a Mac Powerbook?

I have a 1.5GHz G4 PB with 1.5G RAM

Will it work?

Can I compose on the top of a mountain or at the beach?

Re: Sibelius+Garritan on a Mac PB?

Quote Originally Posted by synergy543
    Is anyone successfully using Sibelius and Garritan together on a Mac Powerbook?

I have a 1.5GHz G4 PB with 1.5G RAM

Will it work?

Can I compose on the top of a mountain or at the beach?
    You ought to be able to do some serious composing! Just watch out for the mountain goats! And salt water is really bad on laptops at the beach!

Seriously. I know that I have Finale and a WAY more lower powered laptop than yours (PB TiBook with 667 mhz and 512 mb ram) and I can use mine just fine with GPO Studio and Finale. I know that Sibelius performs better (as far as speed) in OS X than Finale does.

You ought to do well with the number of instances you can get with that ram and processor. There are ways to tweak GPO Studio to allow for a LOT more instances than the default settings will allow.

Enjoy!!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: Sibelius+Garritan on a Mac PB?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    You ought to be able to do some serious composing! Just watch out for the mountain goats! And salt water is really bad on laptops at the beach! .....

Enjoy!!

Jerry Wickham
    Well I'm very impressed with Sibelius on my G5 desktop so far working with Kontakt Silver. Awaiting arrival of GPO still.

Great to hear it should work on the G4...I wasn't sure about the RAM requirements with both of these programs running as I understand GPO runs in RAM instead of disk streaming.

Go Back to forum