• Register
  • Help

Topic: problems in testing K2 (demo) with sonar2...

Share/Bookmark

problems in testing K2 (demo) with sonar2...

hi!
    i have just downloaded the kontakt 2 (K2) demo and i'm trying it as DXi in my sonar 2 (S2).
    it seems VERY good, however i have some doubts, and i don't understand if mine are problems due to the demo version, to bugs or to sonar 2 host.

1) the MIDI port: K2 has 4 midi port, but i see only 1 of them in sonar

2) K2 can configure lots of audio output. but every time that i load a new S2 project with K2, the sampler load with 2 audio out, 1 surround out and 4 sends. is there a way to define a "default audio setup" and load this everytime, without reconfiguring it every time???

3) i have problems with the group start option "start on key" behaviour. i have instruments in made in kontakt 1 which have a release trigger triggered by a single key.
    so: the release trigger group has the "start option" configured to play with the D3 key (low key D3, high key D3), but this doesnt work in K2: the release trigger is not playing. is this a bug!?

in general, there are some issues in using K2 with S2?!? (i don't have money to upgrade both sonar2 to sonar 4 and kontakt1 to kontakt 2!!)
    4)

Re: problems in testing K2 (demo) with sonar2...

Quote Originally Posted by bosone
    1) the MIDI port: K2 has 4 midi port, but i see only 1 of them in sonar
    1) This will probably be fixed in 2.1 release. The 4 sets of 16 midi in/outs is there to compete with Giga, and can only be implemented in standalone. (This is in the documentation, but I am not sure how much documenation comes with the demo)

2) K2 can configure lots of audio output. but every time that i load a new S2 project with K2, the sampler load with 2 audio out, 1 surround out and 4 sends. is there a way to define a "default audio setup" and load this everytime, without reconfiguring it every time???
    2) Yes, save K2 the way you want it, (audio outputs, dfd, default nki etc etc, then "save multi" and call it "default.nkm" and save it in the default directory inside the K2 installation dir.

3) i have problems with the group start option "start on key" behaviour. i have instruments in made in kontakt 1 which have a release trigger triggered by a single key.
    so: the release trigger group has the "start option" configured to play with the D3 key (low key D3, high key D3), but this doesnt work in K2: the release trigger is not playing. is this a bug!?
    3) This I am not sure about...

Go Back to forum