• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga Editor problems

Share/Bookmark

Giga Editor problems

Hello,
    I try to make some drumkits out of scratch, and make it with Gigaeditor. After some edits i download the instrument to GS3 and evrything works fine. But than suddenly after several downloads GSeditor says it is not possible to download the Instrument since it is being used by another program! But no other program is using this instrument not even a single sample!

Can anybody help me out? Really i'm starting to lose confidence in GS3. I thought all was runni ng smooth.

I'm afraid i will have to switch to Kontakt if i can't make my own instruments. It is really that simple in Kontakt.

Re: Giga Editor problems

I've had similar problems. I just restart, and it works....sometimes I can't save it when it's loaded, sometimes I can. Sometimes It crashes the prog, sometimes it crashes the system.....Take heart-Restart!

Sorry I don't have a more nuts-and-bolts kind of answer....hopefully 3.1 will have some editor fixes included.

Belbin
    Last edited by belbin; 05-28-2005 at 07:13 PM. Reason: bruce made a good point.

Thumbs down Re: Giga Editor problems

Very very sad indeed to pay a lot money for such a crap i can't put it in other words! I tried several times to make instruments every time it freezes or other problems.
    Compare that with the succes stories over Kontakt!
    Is it that much asked for a sampler where you can create your own instruments?

Let us hope for version 3.1 and then wait for 3.2 and then for 3.3 and then pay for 3.5 and then 3.6 and then the big major release of GS4 which costs only 90 dollars for GS3 users etc. etc. etc..
    I'm sorry i'm getting cynical on PC music apps.

One thing is for sure the software industry is nothing but trouble and does cost you alot of money.

It is amazing i did know nothing about computers 5 years ago and now "first musician" i'm a computer expert i know everything about IRQ sharing, PCI latency, registry edits viruses internet connections , memory test utilities and what crap more.

I put my frustrations down on paper i don't care if you mind it. I want to make music and i dont want to lose it because of buggy software.

Do computers make life easier? Not for me.................

I can understand where that comes from. I had greater output with pen and paper. I still hold out hope, though. To each his own.

Belbin

For my two cents worth,
    I make up kits from scratch also, and have never had a problem.
    I hope it is because I place all the samples in the kit (copy to) the same folder so GS only looks in one place. My method involves a bit more work, but it also makes project backup specific to a given folder which includes all files and the performance (gsp) file.
    Good luck
    BH

I hope i did find the problemmaker bad RAM i replaced the memory for 2 Gigs and all looks fine!

I will see when i work intense on projects that it stays running smoothly!

For anybody who is willing to check his RAM there is a big utility for free available it is called memtest-86 you can create an bootable CD and you leave the computer running for a few hours and you know if the RAM is fine or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    I hope i did find the problemmaker bad RAM i replaced the memory for 2 Gigs and all looks fine!

I will see when i work intense on projects that it stays running smoothly!
    So the software is not crap then; just your computer? :>)

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    So the software is not crap then; just your computer? :>)

Daryl

Hu hu my computer was crappy, but not anymore!!!!!

With bad RAM you get weird things!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

GigaStudio is really pretty solid. I'm glad to see that everything worked out.

For the sake of search engines everywhere, you might want to edit the posts that are disparaging of the application, since it was not at fault. I'm sure the authors would appreciate it. They are very nice people, and work very hard to deliver this product.

S'pose you called that one right.

Belbin

ps. Apologies to any giga-team members out there....I'm sure you've heard worse than my post, but that doesn't make it ok.

Go Back to forum