• Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: For those of you that think Bush cares about Human Rights

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb For those of you that think Bush cares about Human Rights

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4550845.stm

Now here's a great example of human rights violations, Clear and present evidence, Blatant violation of human rights.! Here's something I couldn't back our troops 100%, in fact, this pisses me off so much I would enlist to be a part of that Governments dismantling..... Is the US gonna do anything about it? Ofcourse not, Bush likes their president Karimov, In fact we just gave him a bunch of money recently.... But now, I thought Bush was a sweetheart and cared about human rights, and thats why we're in Iraq? I mean, I've many an argument over the fact that president Bush really, really cares about the poor people in Iraq.... This kinda sh!t wasn't EVEN goin on in Iraq before we got there..... And if you read at least that whole article, I think you'll see that opening fire on innocent women and childeren and men, and hiding all the dead childerens bodies etc, is clearly a human rights violation in a big way... There's waaayy more evidence that there are human rights violations goin on there.... Cumon Mr Bush, stand up for your commitment to liberate oppressed people and send troops to Uzbekistan!!! ROFLLMAO right uhuh, He's a human rights kinda guy...LoL

Re: For those of you that think Bush cares about Human Rights

We have a military base in Uzbekistan already. There are troops there.

By the way, this is a lot worse, but we had the same thing at Ohio State in the Vietnam war era. Four students were killed.

I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have posted this, But I hope it puts to rest the whole Bush is a sweetheat and cares about the little people and that's why we are in Iraq thing... We back this guy who allows his army to open fire on innocent women childeren and men while we're suppoedly liberating Iraq from tyranny... I'm not gonna say anything more on thei, I'm gonna let this thread die, I hope it opens the eyes of even the stubborn...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhed
    For those of you that think Bush cares about Human Rights
    I sure am glad you are not controlling US foreign policy Steelhed. A human rights tradgedy indeed. But to put any blame on Bush for this occurring (or allowing it to occur) in the world is proof positive that your hatred for Bush will put just about any problem in the world at his feet. Puuuuleeeeesssssseeee!

I thought you guys were against meddling in other country's affairs?

1. If you are going to try to claim inconsistency...at least be consistent yourself. 2. As unfortunate and evil as this is, I don't see how this is a direct threat to the US national security interests like Iraq was. So the two are not exactly comparable in my opinion. This happened too recently for there to be a response of any kind. What do you want...a military invasion over there now? I thought you guys would turn to the U.N. for stuff like this. You know...like Iraq had those 17 U.N. resolutions after a decade that were not followed...and then we did something about it?
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Oh please Brian, Oh yea I was shakin in my boots over concerns of Iraq...LoL Especially after we dropped 40 years worth of bombs on them in desert storm essentially sending them back to the stone-age.... Maybe you didn't catch it but neither Bush or Blair has denied the memo they found between them confirming the fabrication of grounds for war... I'm certainly glad you are not controlling forign policy we already got guys like you there now, So no need to run... Bush is a clown "dubdah, We're there because of WMD, I mean Umm. Umm We're there for the liberation of those poor people...I Mean Umm..Umm We're there because saddam and Bin Laden were about to gang up on us, The most powerful nation and military in the world"... I say, If we're gonna be liberators of the oppressed, then we better have the balls to go after and "bring to justice" terrorists, even if they are a former soviet union... But, see, we pick on the weak.... My point was, we had no reason to go to Iraq, We had no hard reports that the human rights there were any worse than any other middleast country.. and we have a hell of alot more reason to go to uzbekistan don't we?

Kent State. Sorry Ern.

Brian, we *are* meddling in the affairs of Uzbekistan! We had "military advisors" there first, and now a "temporary" military base that's about to become un-temporary.

Your Iraq threat was pure propaganda with trumped-up intelligence to support an ideology that's already failed; the idea of "spreading democracy" to get rid of terrorists is patently aburd, and nobody in Washington really believes it (it's actually a cover for imperialism). The reason we're in Uzbekistan - and to an unknown degree (I suspect a pretty consequential one) Afghanistan - is to ensure that we can run oil and gas pipelines through there from the Caspian basin. Unocal.

But even if Uzbekistan is helpful in our "war on terrorism" - you know what a steaming load of goat custards I think that is - and even if we do want those pipelines, and leaving aside the lack of morality...this is *very* shortsighted policy. It's precisely what creates terrorism: backing the wrong people. That idea reached its height during the Cold War, and we've seen over and over again how it creates blowback. Iran, Bin Laden, and on and on.

You and from a different angle Brady seem to believe that liberals are "moral relativists" and think that if other countries have repressive leaders, it's just a matter of their values rather than ours. Nope. The point is that the price of going in and doing something about it is way too high. We can't do that everywhere, we shouldn't be doing it alone even if we could, and it's just not the way to solve the problems of the world. All it does is kill people and at best create other problems.

I didn't say Bush was to blame for whats happening in andyijan, merely making a parallell to our supposed mission to end terrorism..

I didn't say Bush was to blame for whats happening in andyijan, merely making a parallell to our supposed mission to end terrorism..
    Your choice of corrolary is rather poor and baseless. You are also wrong in saying that these sorts of things were not happening in Iraq before the war. Have you not heard about the mass graves that have been found? Are you unaware of Saddam using chemical weapons against the Kurds, killing them in the thousands? Have you not heard about the torture chambers and the people that were put into plastic shredders feet first?

The story you posted is horrific, but your outrage is misplaced and I find that very odd.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

In all fairness, there's no reason to believe that the administration likes facing this quandary. I'm sure they'd much rather not have to be nice to horrible leaders whom they need.

But the fact that Saddam was disgusting doesn't excuse how wrong their policy was. Wars are not things you get into just because you have a theory that things will be better if you engage in them.

My point was, we had no reason to go to Iraq, We had no hard reports that the human rights there were any worse than any other middleast country..
    10 years 17 U.N. resolutions...you all seem to consistently forget that fact. Plus the other details you all say were phoney...plus a lession learned from 9/11 that you can not ignore potential threats...

...but we went through all of that before the election. The search feature is your friend if you want to retread that water.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast