• Register
  • Help

Topic: Writing for Harp Tutorial - by Assoc. Prof. Felice Pomeranz

Share/Bookmark

Writing for Harp Tutorial - by Assoc. Prof. Felice Pomeranz

While visiting with Berklee last month, I was reading "Berklee Today" and was fascinated by an article on Writing for Harp by Felice Pomeranz.
    The harp has gained a great deal of popularity lately and there has been an interest in learning to write for this instrument of angels.
    Felice is an Associate Proffesor at Berklee College of Music where she teaches harp. She is also the owner of the Guilded Harps, a harpist's network. Here is the article

http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/Writing_for_Harp.html

For those who want more information about the harp, Terry Dwyer wrote an excellent tutorial about "Using the Harps in GPO"

Thank you Felice and Berklee Today allowing us to provide this valuable information for GPO users!

Gary Garritan

Re: Writing for Harp Tutorial - by Assoc. Prof. Felice Pomeranz

In addition to these, there is also an excellent book dedicated to the subject:

Scoring for Harp, by Stanley Chaloupka

This subject reminds me of a time when I used a harp tuning grid in some orchestrations I did for a movie. During the scoring session, the composer (not an orchestra type of fellow), saw the tuning grid on my score and asked, "What the hell is that?".

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The harp has gained a great deal of popularity lately and there has been an interest in learning to write for this instrument of angels.
    ...Or so YOU would think. Seriously, this is just what I've been looking for as of this morning! Great timing! Thanks.

Chris

Smile Re: Writing for Harp Tutorial - by Assoc. Prof. Felice Pomeranz

Just now,
    listening some pieces posted here, I was wondering if there was a tutorial to write for harp.
    And...here it is!!!!!
    It is simply marvellous!!!
    What a gift to our comunity!!!
    Thank you very much Prof. Felice Pomeranz.
    Sincerely,
    Roberto

Go Back to forum