• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT - Baby is Born!!!!

Share/Bookmark

OT - Baby is Born!!!!

Hi All!
    Sorry to post something so un-musical, but I need to...
    As some of you know, my wife and I are adopting a baby girl this month.

Claire Annette Marie (birthmother added "Marie" -not
    sure if it will stay after the finalization) was born at 6:30
    AM CST weighing 6 lbs, 11 oz. Measuring 19.5 inches.

Both Mother and Baby are doing fine and the placement
    will take place on Sunday. (We will get to pick her up
    and meet Claire for the first time!!)

Sunday night I will post pics of her for all to see.

We will be signing all the legalities on Tuesday. And
    then in six months, finalization can happen and then
    she will be officially our baby daughter!

Thanks for all your encouragement and prayers.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: OT - Baby is Born!!!!

Yes! Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new arrival! Hey, this pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.
    Styxx

Jerry's a Daddy!

Congratulations to you and your wife! This is wonderful news I'm so happy for you! I bet you're so excited!!! I would be

Be sure to get lots of rest while you still can Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Steph

Wow! You must have arranged that adoption yourselves! Consider yourselves every bit as fortunate as if it were born of your own - or more! Many have to wait years before they get their turn at adoption.

My wife and I considered adoption when we were given almost no chance of conception (it broke my wife's heart - she's wanted to be a mommy since girlhood!) but we were ultimately blessed with a healthy baby boy. But I'm not here to take the wind out of your sails!

CONGRATULATIONS! May you experience the same love and joy we do!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

HOW GREAT!

Dan

Jerry,

We are so happy for you. Your love of children has come out quite often in the music you have written. Claire Annette Marie is a lucky little girl to have you as a daddy. We will definitely keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

As an aside, I wonder if there are any other real names like Claire Annette, that when spoken together say a musical instrument's name? No, Tom Tom doesn't count.

Anyway, best of luck to you and your family,

Karl

Thank you Styxx, Steph, BlueMax, Dan, and Karl for your replies!

I normally would have waited to reply since I think there will be more of these congratulatory comments, but I needed to say something.

Max, We went through an adoption agency. Adoptions are a lot more open than they used to be. Until the adoption in finalized in the courts (6 months here in Illinois), we cannot know the birthmother's last name, address, phone, email, etc. (and vice versa) but we have met her and the birthfather 4 weeks ago at a meeting arranged through the agency. Luckily, they live only a few hours away. They are wonderful people but are just not prepared AT ALL to raise a baby in any way.

When I say the adoption is more open, I mean we plan on sending pics and letters as often as is felt appropriate for this first year or so while the birthmother gets used to the separation. Then afterwards, probably once or twice a year with cards and pics. That will be enough to help ease the birthmother's mind and for her to see we are raising Claire in a good way. Our baby will know as soon as she can process the information, that she has been adopted and that it was because of love for her, and no other reason, that her mother decided to choose us to raise her.

Karl.
    There are some other real names that are musical - Amanda Lynn comes to mind as it was another choice - but I already have 3 Amandas in my family. We couldn't really come up with many boy names that are musical (Reed was one - but NAH ) Maybe I should post another thread asking people if they can come up with musical names that COULD be real. That would be fun.

Thanks again!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Smile Re: OT - Baby is Born!!!!

Jerry, I am very happy for you and your wife.
    This is a great day, now there is a new light and a new "melody" in your life.
    Many many congratulations,
    we will wait for a baby picture....
    Sincerely,
    Roberto

Congratulations Jerry!!!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Congratulations! Your lives are about to change in unimaginable ways: except for lack of sleep, they will all be for the better!

Hope you'll still have time for music.

Best of luck.

R. Pearl

Go Back to forum