• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Musical Names

Talking Musical Names

Karl Garrett made a comment about my baby's name, "Claire Annette". And wondered if there were any other musical names that could be REAL out there. I thought this might be a fun and comical thread to see what we all can come up with.
    One of our other choices would have been "Amanda Lynn", but we have too many Amandas in my family already.
    "Reed" was the only male name we could come up with - but we didn't really like that.

So, Can you all think of some other musical names? (preferably ones that might actually be used in real life, but I guess ANY musical names will do).

Let's have some fun with this one!

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Re: Musical Names

Sorry, these are a bit feeble...

Barry Tony
    Ally Greta

Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

This would only invite the kid's peers to use the name "Ritardo" later in school.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Well, I've known girls with the names Melody and Harmony

In grad school I knew a voice major named Melody Cadence Spraugh (I'm actually not sure about her last name now--it was a long time ago--but I'll never forget the first two!)
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Tucson, AZ

Magician DeNomolos offers a service called Sonic Signatures -- a method of turning names into numerlogical and musical values for "readings" of personality and mindsets of future potentials.

I have started working with him on documenting the system of "fortune telling" but have been held up of late.

A lot can be told about a person who ends up with a minor key --

True story:

In high school, there was a vocal teacher by the name Dot Dash. I've always marvelled at that one. She actually married into it.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

A friend of mine grew up in Beaumont, TX in the '70s. The babe of his high school was the daughter of a local car dealer named Vince. He named her "Vince Ann".

Talk about an unmusical name!

In grade school there was a girl name Candy Sweet.
    I had a H.S. student who had the name Fantasy Green.
    A boy named De' end.

Then what I really hate is when parents name a kid with some name you are not sure of the gender and then you are not sure of their gender by looking at them.
    I've had to deal with this a few times.

Progeny of southern-gospel family, Candy Hemphill marries David Christmas.

Her married name is Candy Christmas.

Go Back to forum