• Register
  • Help

Topic: Definetely Go Scssi

Share/Bookmark

Definetely Go Scssi

Well I finally switched and I am glad I did. I got myself a W.D. 10,000 RPM scssi and an adaptec controller and this thing is really smoking. It\'s true guys, if you can afford it, SCSSI is the way to go. Peace.

Re: Definetely Go Scssi

By \'smoking\' I assume you mean that since switching to scsi, you\'re getting 160 polyphony while running a sequencer, audio tracks and asio plugin synths and fx?

No Chadwick,
    I never made the switch to Gigastudio because I don\'t need 160 voices. A lot of you guys are doing Orchestra stuff and need as many voices as possible but I am doing R&B and Hip Hop. Gigasampler works fine for me. Scsi benfits me most after I capture to wave with Giga and start to process audio. I use Cakewalk 9.03 which has disk meters to allow monitoring of Disk and CPU performance . I noticed that when I was using IDE the disk meter was up around 15 to 20 percent while the CPU meter was around 6 percent. This was with the fastest W.D. 7200 RPM drive (W.D. Expert)that I was using to process Cakewalk audio. I now have readings in the 6 to 7 percentile on the disk meter, 3 to 4 percent on the CPU meter and seem to have a much more stable system and am experiencing far fewer dropouts. I never had any problems with IDE and Gigasampler. The Maxtor Diamondmax Plus drive with the 9.0 ms seek time that I use for Gigasampler seemes to get the job done. Peace.

If you weren\'t getting 64 voices out of your IDE drive there must have been some other kind of problem!

Go Back to forum