• Register
  • Help

Topic: My music theory compostion project

My music theory compostion project

Hey guys. Since I've been really busy with school, I haven't had a chance to do much composing. I have done quite a few compostions for my music theory class though. All of those have been with pencil and paper though, except my final project, which I did in overture. It's a 16 bar 4 part harmony (SATB) piece, and I thought that it sounded lovely when played with the GPO organ. Comments and criticism are appreciated.

Organ version

Piano version just cause...

Re: My music theory compostion project

Good voice-leading and it certainly has a solid sound on the GPO pipe organ.

Might I suggest you induce a rhythmic structure; for instance, simply pausing at some of the cadential points would perhaps be enhancing... in that the ear will not tire at making sense of a long progression.

Your "music theory project" seems like it would lend itself nicely as a foundation for a larger/longer composition. Nice chord progression. I would love to hear more!

A couple of suggestions which I share with only due respect: How about incorporating a wider dynamic range (softer, louder) and slight variations in tempo to help establish more defined phrasings??

Good work!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Wow, I didn't even realize that anyone had responded to this (that's what I get for not paying attention I guess). Thanks for your comments. I've actually started working on this more to try and expand it. I'll definitely going to introduce some more rhythmic and dynamic aspects like you guys suggested. What I currently have is just straight outta overture. The project was handed in on paper so the audio version was more so just cause I liked listening to it. Thanks for the input!

Go Back to forum