• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first GPO Piece

Share/Bookmark

My first GPO Piece

I'm fairly new at music composition and only now with GPO I'm able to begin to hear what I imagine in my head.

Re: My first GPO Piece

Quote Originally Posted by dlmusic
    I'm fairly new at music composition and only now with GPO I'm able to begin to hear what I imagine in my head.
    Dan,
    Very nice melodic work. Thanks for sharing!

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

it definitely has potential, dl...it's pretty muddy though...but just keep at it...GPO is a great motivator to keep learning and composing...and the tutorials, tips, and support by gary himself is worth the price of GPO alone!...thanks for posting!!

I like the general mood of this piece. It has feeling and the dynamics show restraint. I agree that it does sound a bit muddy though. I'm not totally sure about what exact patches you used, though it's generally a good idea not to voice the lower strings like basses and cellos to closely together in their lower ranges. Definitely keep at it and enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by dlmusic
    Daniel,

Excellent first peice with GPO. For being fairl new at composition you did a very good job.

Keep up the good work. You'll get great support from the other GPO users here and learning a great deal. And we'll learn from you also.

Thanks for posting "Endless Hallway".

gary Garritan

Some good potential here; nice melodic work... and I hear the yearnings of structural development in the wings, waiting.

Some parts of the string writing are quite, quite good -- but be wary of clustering too low in the strings, which tends toward a heaviness that obscures harmonic intent and tires the ear.

My personal opinion would be that voicing those parts upward more would do wonders for bringing out the fine, expressive melodic work you've done with this.

Please keep at it, and come back soon with more. I hear talent, here, and the inferences of artistry and sensitivity that will be the basis of much fine music!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I've made adjustments based on comments in this thread. Thank you very much for giving me your feedback.

Worthwhile improvements indeed!

I hope all will give this another listen, Daniel.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum