• Register
  • Help

Topic: Happy Birthday!

Share/Bookmark

Happy Birthday!

As a matter of interest what filters are applied in order to generate the list of forum users who are wished a Happy Birthday?

Frank

Re: Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    As a matter of interest what filters are applied in order to generate the list of forum users who are wished a Happy Birthday?

Frank
    Hardy,

You're not upset that you were not wished a happy birthday are you?. Let us know what day you were you born and we'll mention it too and maybe bake you a cake.

It is important to remember birthdays.
    I learned by experience that the most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.

Up above on the menu between "FAQ" and "Links" is the "Calendar" menu. If you click there you will see a list of member birthdays. If you click on June you'll see we have quite a few member birthdays: M.A.S., Jerry W., IGOR, Francis Bellardino, Cantible, Shazbot, Poolman, musicpete, John Hawksley, zircon st., brasspig, PianoMan, guybrush, and others. Anyone else's Birthday in June that is not listed?

Does anyone mind having Birthday posts? (except maybe those who may be at the crochety age birthdays are perhaps best forgotten ). Is it becoming too much? Or not enough? Do you like being wished a HB yourself? And what do you think about members wishing other members a Happy Birthday?

Gary Garritan

In your profile there is a sport where you can enter in a birthdate. That's how you get your name on the calendar. I didn't know this until my birthday when I wished myself a happy birthday and everyone told me about it. You have no excuse for missing my next birthday Gary. j/k

(haven't used that smiley yet, hehe)
    Tim

Me neither, I don't think

I like the birthday posts. I don't know why, I just do.
    My brain's not really on a full capacity, so bear with me!

-Chris

You're not upset that you were not wished a happy birthday are you?.

Certainly not Gary; I'd actually be much more upset if I thought that you thought that I would be upset!! .....I may post too much, but I'm not that sad!! I was just interested in the selection process!

For similiar reasons I switch off the stars! Talking of which; why do developers have 6 stars and exceptional posters, like Bruce Richardson, have only 1!!! What do stars actually represent?

Starry, starry knights.......

Frank

Go Back to forum