• Register
  • Help

Topic: What a Dream!

Share/Bookmark

What a Dream!

I had the most interesting dream last night. I dreamt I was the drummer for Elton John in Las Vegas. ELTON JOHN! Eh, regardless ... I wouldn't turn down anyone to play Vegas not even Elton John. Be honest with you, I know most of his songs maybe not totally up to par but at least in my dream I did!
    So, everything is going fine and we just end Good-bye Yellow Brick Road and Elton Turns to me and says, the new song! Huh? What new song? (big gulp!) Now it really turns into an interesting dream. Like, the sweat starts pouring out of my head and I am franticly trying to figure out what song he is talking about! Just then a blonde girl with a business suit leans over to me and says, "you haven't heard this one yet since you are just filling in." No schighst Sherlock and turning to her, what now?
    Styxx

Re: What a Dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I had the most interesting dream last night. I dreamt I was the drummer for Elton John in Las Vegas. ELTON JOHN! Eh, regardless ... I wouldn't turn down anyone to play Vegas not even Elton John. Be honest with you, I know most of his songs maybe not totally up to par but at least in my dream I did!
    So, everything is going fine and we just end Good-bye Yellow Brick Road and Elton Turns to me and says, the new song! Huh? What new song? (big gulp!) Now it really turns into an interesting dream. Like, the sweat starts pouring out of my head and I am franticly trying to figure out what song he is talking about! Just then a blonde girl with a business suit leans over to me and says, "you haven't heard this one yet since you are just filling in." No schighst Sherlock and turning to her, what now?
    ...so is that where you woke up?

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Sorry, my wife and daughter came in from a weekend at her sisters and I wanted to greet her at the door (like a lost puppy ) Yes, that's pretty much where I woke up and feeling quite frustrated! That's what I get for spending a weekend home alone.
    Styxx

It's insteresting.....

I had a similiar dream one night.
    As some of y'all know, I'm a cellist. I play in a really bad youth orchestra, and in this dream the spring concert was coming up. Just before the concert, my cello shatters. My mom droppes it!! We just HAPPEN to come across a garage sale and there is this BEAUTIFUL french horn there. Very vivid dream, now that I think about it. It was only a buck, so we got it. I picked it up and knew exactly what to do, and I played the concert on the horn. And I still remember the fingerings I used: C was open, D was fingers 1 and 2, E was fingers 2 and 3, F was fingers 1 and 3, and G was open. Any horn players here to clarify these fingerings? Those are the only five I remember.

WHAT A DREAM!!!

-Chris

Smile Re: What a Dream!

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    It's insteresting.....

I had a similiar dream one night.
    As some of y'all know, I'm a cellist. I play in a really bad youth orchestra, and in this dream the spring concert was coming up. Just before the concert, my cello shatters. My mom droppes it!! We just HAPPEN to come across a garage sale and there is this BEAUTIFUL french horn there. Very vivid dream, now that I think about it. It was only a buck, so we got it. I picked it up and knew exactly what to do, and I played the concert on the horn. And I still remember the fingerings I used: C was open, D was fingers 1 and 2, E was fingers 2 and 3, F was fingers 1 and 3, and G was open. Any horn players here to clarify these fingerings? Those are the only five I remember.

WHAT A DREAM!!!

-Chris
    Depends on which octave you were dreaming...
    Starting from middle C (written),
    C = open
    D = 1st
    E = 1+2
    F = 1
    G = open

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

I recently dreamed I was the bass player in a rock band called "David McCallum's Eyebrows."
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by GDG
    Depends on which octave you were dreaming...
    Starting from middle C (written),
    C = open
    D = 1st
    E = 1+2
    F = 1
    G = open

Grant
    Oh well.
    At least I got the C and G right.
    What about other octaves? Did I switch octaves at all with my fingerings?

Just wondering......

-Chris

Post Re: What a Dream!

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Oh well.
    At least I got the C and G right.
    What about other octaves? Did I switch octaves at all with my fingerings?

Just wondering......

-Chris
    Sorry, nope.
    If you were playing down an octave, D is 1+3, and the rest of the fingerings are the same. If you go up an octave:
    C = open
    D = 1
    E = open
    F = 1
    G = open.
    If you go up an octave from there, you're in Maynard Ferguson territory (at least as far as the horn is concerned)

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Go Back to forum