• Register
  • Help

Topic: Video for demo

Video for demo

Hello Everyone,
    I am interested in creating a demo. My problem is I don't have any video to score to. Is there a way, without breaking copyright, to get video clips to put music to.
    Thank you for your time,

Re: Video for demo

I don't think it's illegal to use an excerpt from an existing film/trailer as long as it's not too long, and, as long as you clarify that you removed all the original sound, a © notice of the original copywrite owner etc. That would pass as "Fair use" i believe.

Also, any multimedia student from a school will be more than pleased to offer his animation for you to put sound. Same goes for the upcoming " Audio Video students", they usually have some short films up their sleeve that need audio. Quality might be poor though so you decide which of the two paths to take
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

One more thing to add here. I recently received a demo link from someone soliciting work. I checked out the site to see many familiar trailers that appeared to have been done by this person. Needless to say, they had been obviously replaced with sound and music by him. There were no credits stating the fact that the original work was not done by him, leading you to believe that his credits included these film etc. I would never use this person as a result. It is not only misleading but in my opinion, outright dishonest. So please make it clear that you are not the original sound designer or composer and that you have in fact replaced the original audio for demo purposes only.

This site archives all sorts of media that is public domain including moving pictures. I believe there is a subscription fee of some sort and as you might guess, most public domain footage is probably not the ideal medium to show off your stuff.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

Go Back to forum