• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My Tribute for Memorial Day

Share/Bookmark

My Tribute for Memorial Day

I was just at Fort Logan National Cemetary visiting with my dad, when I realized what this weekend is truly about. Flags were flying in the rain as far as I could see. Each stone had one of it's own to honor it's fallen. It's not about the parties or the BBQ's...It's about honoring those who through their sacrifice, helped to assure that we'll stay free. Even though there was silence there, I kept hearing what I'd heard the last time I was there for the funeral...Please listen and remember too...

http://home.comcast.net/~surech/Moviemaestro.html

Thumbs up Re: My Tribute for Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    to honor it's fallen. It's not about the parties or the BBQ's...It's about honoring those who through their sacrifice, helped to assure that we'll stay free
    AMEN! I could not agree with you more. I always found it insulting when our local news puts focus on people flopping at the beaches and not the men at Normandy, who had their own day at the beach !
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: My Tribute for Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    I was just at Fort Logan National Cemetary visiting with my dad, when I realized what this weekend is truly about. Flags were flying in the rain as far as I could see. Each stone had one of it's own to honor it's fallen. It's not about the parties or the BBQ's...It's about honoring those who through their sacrifice, helped to assure that we'll stay free. Even though there was silence there, I kept hearing what I'd heard the last time I was there for the funeral...Please listen and remember too...

http://home.comcast.net/~surech/Moviemaestro.html
    Moviemaestro,

Thanks for sharing this tribute to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.

Gary Garritan

A heartfelt moment for me too Movie.

It is all about "THEM"
    Folks like us will never truly know the sacrifice they made.

Dan

A sensitive, noble rendition, fitting for the occasion.

A great tribute and very good work.

-John

An excellent tribute to our Brave and Fallen. That's what it's all about, honoring them.

I'm disappointed. I don't understand it. Some links I can get with no problem and other, as in this one, just brings me back to my School's home page. Well, regardless this must have been quite special!
    Styxx

In its simplicity and restraint, this is beautifully executed, MovieMaestro.

May I encourage you to take this further... to me, it seems it might make the basis for a larger work -- and a more worthwhile subject than honoring our fallen would be hard to find.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks Maestro. That is a beautiful rendition of taps to remind us what it's all about.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Well everyone,

It's that time of year again. As painful as it is for me to post this again, I would like to ask that you listen and take a minute to remember what this weekend is really about.

Thank you,
    Steph
    Last edited by Stephanie Pray; 05-31-2006 at 12:28 PM. Reason: attachment removed

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast