• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with bank/program change in Giga 3

Problem with bank/program change in Giga 3

I am using Sibelius 3.0 and GigaStudio 3.02 and when I try (in real time) to change one instrument for another on the same channel (bank/program change) GigaStudio does not respond correctly. This is so despite of the fact that its own MIDI monitor registers the bank/program change.
    Did anyone alse have the same problem and could hopefully provide a solution?

PS Not a single MIDI filter is on in GigaStudio.

Zahary Rashev

Winsted, CT

Re: Problem with bank/program change in Giga 3

Upgrade to 3.03 or 3.04.

Re: Problem with bank/program change in Giga 3

3.01, 3.02 and 3.03 have a major problem with patch changes - if you don't stop all notes before the program change, they will continue to ring after the note off. 3.04 fixes that.

3.04 isn't ideal though. When you do a patch change, all previous notes are automatically stopped. I asked Tascam if they will fix this in 3.1, and they won't. It would require a deep structural change.

Also, even on 3.04, patch changes are a bit slow. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I've moved to keyswitches. They're fast and reliable.

3.1 will be very nice for keyswitches. You will be able to stack whatever instruments you want, and add keyswitches as you would like. That means that you don't have to edit the gig, if the developer didn't give you the keyswitch programming that you want.

Go Back to forum