• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: post deleted again!

Share/Bookmark

post deleted again!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I can hardly believe it, but my post asking why my post was deleted got deleted. Lucky I saved it to a text file before I posted.

If this post is deleted, I'll post it once again.

I'm one of the good guys and used to post here when it was nothing more than a basic forum - not paid for by big companies.

If this post is deleted a third time, I'll never post here again. I have no idea why it was deleted as it doesn't violate the rules in any way...

Here's an exact copy of what I said and I'd like a public reply from the moderator, please...

-------------------------

I've just been reading through a couple of previous posts and noticed that users are not allowed to make product announcements on this forum. Allow me to rant on for a couple of paragraphs here...

For those of you who don't know, a post of mine was removed. At the risk of this post being removed, I won't mention what I announced - but there were a couple of things that were undoubtedly useful to potential users of my library (and one of the replies was even from a moderator).

That aside, I am astounded to find that any post on the NorthernSounds message board which announces a new sample library or product can only be made by members who have paid for advertising!

I have noticed many, many posts announcing new libraries and am amazed that all these people are paying for the privilege. It makes me a little sick, in fact.

Since the beginning, the naturalstudio site has been a strictly advertisement free zone. I have paid for all server costs from my own pockets, there have been absolutely no banner adds or pop-ups and for many years I have provided free, high quality sample downloads. Also, users have a dedicated area on my forum where they can advertise their site.

I know for a fact that many users here on the NorthernSounds board have downloaded my free samples and I have visited this board for a number of years.

I am a one man business and am not interested in paying for advertising. All ns_kit7 advertising has been word of mouth and this was the first post I ever made advertising the library – I just thought NorthernSound forumites would be genuinely interested.

I find it disappointing that an informative and interesting board like NorthernSounds is not allowing the smaller company to advertise their products.

My product is priced at a minimum. There is no middle-man, no distributors, everything (apart from DVD and artwork duplication) is being done in house and I have priced the library accordingly.

I think it is unfair to expect sample library developers to pay for making casual announcement on the forum. For banner ads, sure. But people who come to the NorthernSounds forum are interested in all new releases – not just releases from companies who have paid NorthernSounds, surely?
    douglas whates
    (naturalstudio creator and curator)
    http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk
    http://www.douglaswhates.com

Re: post deleted again!

Quote Originally Posted by _naturalstudio_

That aside, I am astounded to find that any post on the NorthernSounds message board which announces a new sample library or product can only be made by members who have paid for advertising!

I am a one man business and am not interested in paying for advertising.
    Well, I'm an advertiser and I have the same guidelines to follow. I also have a site, www.soniccontrol.com, that has the exact the same product posting guidelines as Northern Sounds. And I delete such posts routinely, as I did two today.

Northern Sounds is Mark Simon's and Dave's business. If every developer advertised for free, they would not be in business and there would be no Northern Sounds.

There are many one man shops here, and they pay to advertise because they realize the great value that this forum offers.

If you're not interested in paying for advertising, and using that as an opportunity to meet and network with people here, then don't expect many sales.

Very shortly, we'll be posting banners here on NS to support our Kirk Hunter Concert Orchestra.

That's how important NS is to our advertising mix.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Peter,

I find your post quite crass.

The exact reason I began naturalstudio was to provide high quality samples for free from a site that didn't have any pop-ups, banner ads or advertising.

I didn't realise NorthernSounds had become a big advert for subscribing developers.

In fact - I think it's quite corrupt of the moderators to delete posts without warning. As far as I knew - the posts that had been made previously advertising new products were from general NortherSounds forumites. I'm disgusted to learn that those posts were only for people who have paid cash for the privilege. How many other posts have been deleted? I think there should be a big list of developers who pay to advertise - is there one? Otherwise, how do I know which posts to ignore because they're just adverts?

I'm not going to step around here carefully in case someone thinks I'm advertising my product and then deletes a post without warning. There are plenty of other forums to visit.

Isn't it Ironic that when I announced my free sample libraries I was greeted with open arms...

I hate this business.

Douglas.
    douglas whates
    (naturalstudio creator and curator)
    http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk
    http://www.douglaswhates.com

Banned

is this a bridge?

if that's a bridge it looks like it's in trouble in big trouble, or is that a skyway on fire....I am thinking this post will be deleted too.
    acutally When I first saw this guys post 'er the second time? I knew it was going to be deleted
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Is it because of Memorial Day that all of this is still here? Typically I never get to read such threads before they get censored away because I live in the wrong time zone.

oooh I like this thread. PLEASE DON'T DELETE IT!!!

Anyway, Pete's explanation is fine for me. He is upfront that this is a business. Some websites are, some are not. If you want to advertise here then you have to pay for it. If you don't like it go, somewhere else.

What is the big deal?

Banned

france or england?

Banned

looks pretty nice.....*calltravelagency*

thanks for that extra service in that thread!!!

synergie543,

Does your travel agency advertise here ?? ;-)

(I´ve learned it earlier this month)

Chris Hein

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast