• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Looking For Acoustic drum library!

Share/Bookmark

Looking For Acoustic drum library!

I'm looking for a great acoustic drum library for giga.I listened to samples of the larry sayer acoustic drum library.Very Impressive.I there anything else out there thats similar to the sound quality,and at a lower price?

Wink Re: Looking For Acoustic drum library!

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34672

GS3 Version coming very soon and for this price, you get a guitar and bass to boot
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Looking For Acoustic drum library!

I have not heard anything which remotely compares to them at any price. Larry's drum library is pretty much the killer.

Larry's library is great! One cannot forget Purrrfect Drums by StudioCat, however.
    Some experts learn more and more about less and less, until at last they know everything there is about nothing at all.

Toontrack's Superior Custom & Vintage. Hands down.

Cheers,

ck

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheodos
    I'm looking for a great acoustic drum library for giga.I listened to samples of the larry sayer acoustic drum library.Very Impressive.I there anything else out there thats similar to the sound quality,and at a lower price?
    Hi,

Hang in there guy. Bardstownaudio is in the works to produce the first Jazz Drum Library with all the whistles you'll need. This is going to be a mind blower when it comes out IMHO. It will accomodate Gigastudio 3.0 and other formats..

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    I'm really interested to hear what others think about this, because if sales of high quality libraries continue to lag, I believe it's really going to put a crimp in the production of truly excellent, high-end products.

Lee Blaske
    I think it's a combination of everything above, minus the price point. Doesn't seem to matter if the library is $149 or $329 when I speak to people privately about it (users, not developers).

Perhaps there simply isn't the demand for drums, at least within the majority of the NSS crowd? Or perhaps others have already invested in a full drum package, between SID, DFH and BFD - is there room for more? I sure hope so! But seeing how our Studio B only started shipping yesterday, I can't tell you yet.

I guess sales will tell the final story. But based in his group buy numbers and reports I'm hearing from other drum lib devs, perhaps I should go sample an orchestra, get it over with and make my fortune that way.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

I'm really interested to hear what others think about this, because if sales of high quality libraries continue to lag, I believe it's really going to put a crimp in the production of truly excellent, high-end products.
    Lee Blaske
    If this had been available for the Mac - I would have bought it in a heartbeat Lee.

I don't understand the politics of sales and different forums and boards - and I don't wanna know actually.

Al I know is - is what you have all said - Larry comes across as a real gentleman and a true artist at what he's achieved with this library. But I think eventually, real class libraries always come to the fore.

Well, the Larry Seyer library could have gone down to half price if enough people signed up for Tascam's group buy which ended at midnight on May 27 (I'm assuming it's safe to talk about it here now, because it's over). I bought a copy myself, but I was surprised at how few were sold (about two dozen, the last time I looked). I really feel sorry for Larry. This library has been extensively promoted and advertised, and was undoubtedly a labor of love for him. At the moment, it's probably the library that most takes advantage of GS3, and Tascam has been making a big deal of that. But two dozen copies sold at a slightly reduced price? That kind of response is not going to pay the freight, or make it worthwhile for developers to do projects that take a huge time, talent, studio and packaging investment.

I think most people knew about the Seyer group buy. I got several notices from Tascam, and saw references to it in a number of places. There's been a Larry Seyer banner up on this forum, and it immediately took you to a page that mentioned the group buy.

I'm really curious as to why this library didn't sell well in the group buy. Is an actual, official group buy promotion on NS essential to a group buy's success? Is this a problem with the format? Is it possible that not many people are using GS3? From here on out, does a library need to come bundled with player software to sell well? Is it a problem with price point? When people see GPO going for $139, does that redefine what they think software should sell for to the point that $399 (or even $199) seems too expensive for a library of just drums? Is it a lack of CP issue (in other words, since the LS library has no CP, are bootlegged copies circulating rapidly, hurting sales)?

Lee Blaske
    Never heard anything about the Group Buy. That accounts for some of the lack of interest as I would think I wasn't the only one. Also I took part in SOL Group Buy (or was it a sale) on DFH2 not so long ago. There's also just a hell of a lot of damned good drum libraries out there. I do think that some of these libraries (generally) are just too expensive for hobbyists/enthusiasts like myself. I need to look at value and have to look at sales and/or Group Buys. I bet there are maybe 10-20 good drum libraries available? I'm also considering the SD GB but I gather that it also has standard Drum kits which might have made my purchase of DFH2 unnecessary due to the overlap.

The free or full versions of the ns_kit7 must be worth a look too.

A problem with NS now is the fact that you have to go around several forums to find out what the hell is going on. One of the great things about the old style NS was that by just coming here you didn't miss much.

Everyone's frightened to give users head ups about Group buys, sales etc. If I had the time I'd run a web site with a list of who is selling what and where.....Nothing else.....That's all that's needed. Maybe when I get a minute!

It's a real hisser! I'd like the NS ruling to be clarified on this.

Frank

What Frank said.
    I had no idea whatsoever that this group buy was going on. That bothers me.

As well, though, i think that the deeper and more programmed a library gets, the better a move it is to package it with its own player as a self-contained unit. I use MachFive, and so if a library makes full use of all the options in a particular softsampler format, that's a bear for me to import and so i'm much more likely to go with a VI-type package to avoid all those hours of tweaking. (Looking forward to M52 which is touted as being able to handle the GS3 goodies on import.) I imagine that this is a concern for other platform users as well, though Kontakt users for example can usually look forward to their own version.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast