• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale Help please:)

Share/Bookmark

Finale Help please:)

I have setup the GPO player/finale exactly as the tutorial describes. However there is a slight problem in that that is as far as the tutorial goes. I have loaded many players with the instruments I need but the problem arises in that finale does not seem to want to let me assign the channels to the GPO players.
    How better to explain? Ok I have three flutes, when I try to notate each individual player(1 , 2 , or 3) they all come out on the same channel. I have tried to change each channel in the instrument list menu, however when I switch "ie the above instruments" to corrospond with the GPO player they are in, no matter what, if I switch Flute 1 to channel 3, it switches the other flute players to 3 and vice versa.
    Am I missing something here? How do you go about assigning instruments to the proper channel for playback after you have the GPO player loaded and finale set for GPO playback as in the tutorial? It seems to want to group similar instruments on to the same channel no matter what channel you tell it to play on. Is there some kind of channel lock im not seeing? Nothing is more frustrating then trying to assign 3 flute players their own channel and having Finale reset that to whichever channel you chose for the last flute. Grrr
    Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Finale Help please:)

Cantabile,

In the instrument list in Finale, say you have 2 flutes both assigned to the same patch and channel. You can leave flute 1 as is. In flute 2 click, under the instrument column, click on the arrow next to the flute patch name. All of the instruments which are defined for midi playback should appear now. Scroll to the top of the list and choose "new instrument". Now create a Flute 2 instrument and assign it to it's own midi channel.

Now make sure the same midi channel in GPO Studio has the flute 2 sample assigned to it. That should do it.

Jeff

are you using layers?

Thanks guys that did it

Go Back to forum