• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Stylus RMX FX

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX FX

The Stylus RMX FX are so good sounding and with such clean GUIs that it makes me wish that I could run other V.I.s throught them. It is my understanding that Eric et al licensed them from some DSP designer.

Any chance, Eric, that these can be purchased separately as AUs from the designer or someone else?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Re: Stylus RMX FX

Many of the RMX FX were developed In-House, but we also collaborated with some outstanding independent FX developers to create certain FX in the RMX FX rack.

I will gladly tell you that we collaborated with Nomad Factory and some of the supersmart guys in the Smartelectronix collective to develop some of our FX algorithms in the RMX rack.

But there's not an exact "one to one" commercial version of each of the RMX plug-ins to purchase. A lot of them are customized in one way or another....or are completely original designs.

spectrum :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Many of the RMX FX were developed In-House, but we also collaborated with some outstanding independent FX developers to create certain FX in the RMX FX rack.

I will gladly tell you that we collaborated with Nomad Factory and some of the supersmart guys in the Smartelectronix collective to develop some of our FX algorithms in the RMX rack.

But there's not an exact "one to one" commercial version of each of the RMX plug-ins to purchase. A lot of them are customized in one way or another....or are completely original designs.

spectrum :-)
    Eric, just a suggestion, you guys should release them as AUs also. They are really good and IMHO would be well received.

www.jayasher.com

I would buy them right away !
    AU, TDM or RTAS.

S

Already been suggested gents. In fact, pleaded for. :-)
    I wouldn't mind having that rack at my disposal, alas, I seem to recall that it was a no go due to some contractual issues with some of the other outside devs.

cb

I'd be as happy to see the next (or some near future) update include an audio input as one of the sound sources, it could then connect thru to the rack. That should be readily do-able without upsetting any of the contributors, I should think...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Glad you guys like the FX in RMX. We spent a lot of time on them.

Opening them to use with external sources is a popular request and I understand how cool it would be, but it's not something we can do for contractual reasons. In addition to many of the FX units that we developed in-house for RMX, we also worked closely with some of the top FX developers in the world to create customized versions of their plug-ins for the RMX FX rack.

If we allowed our users to turn RMX into a pure FX processor, it wouldn't be fair to our FX development partners to undercut their own commercial effects plug-ins that are sold separately...so that was part of the deal to get such amazing quality FX within RMX.

The upside to this approach is that we can continue to work this way in the future, collaborating with a wide variety of unique and creative independant developers to create the ultimate set of processing tools within our instruments.

spectrum

Yeah - I love the effects. I really wish I could run them in my host and would pony up the cash (some cash :-) to prove it. Please consider it. If not, who can they be purchased from (?), since you're saying it would undercut their efforts.

Here's an RMX loop run through the Tape squisher thingy and the vintage 3 band EQ dealy-bob in an entry in the Lunascape remix contest at acidplanet. It's big and meaty. Oh - and Trilogy covering the bass parts in the verse. (VSL on orchestra)

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=561357&T=590

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Glad you guys like the FX in RMX. We spent a lot of time on them.

Opening them to use with external sources is a popular request and I understand how cool it would be, but it's not something we can do for contractual reasons. In addition to many of the FX units that we developed in-house for RMX, we also worked closely with some of the top FX developers in the world to create customized versions of their plug-ins for the RMX FX rack.

If we allowed our users to turn RMX into a pure FX processor, it wouldn't be fair to our FX development partners to undercut their own commercial effects plug-ins that are sold separately...so that was part of the deal to get such amazing quality FX within RMX.

The upside to this approach is that we can continue to work this way in the future, collaborating with a wide variety of unique and creative independant developers to create the ultimate set of processing tools within our instruments.

spectrum
    OK then how about implementing saome way to run other V.I.'s through RMX to the FX, like through some kind of sidechain? I have no idea how this technically could be done but after all the years I have known you and your work I know that if it can be done then you are the guy who can do it. I would gladly pay some more dough to have that ability.

If not, well, thanks for responding Eric and I am sure you are justifiably proud of the first rate quality of RMX's FX.

Best,
    Jay Asher

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    OK then how about implementing saome way to run other V.I.'s through RMX to the FX, like through some kind of sidechain?
    Other V.I.s are external sources...so that's the same thing. ;-)

It's not a technical issue at all....it's an intentional design decision. By doing it this way, we can add more and more amazing customized FX to our instruments like RMX in the future and work with any talented FX designers out there without the problem of them competing with their own products.

This approach of "joining strengths" has been enormously successful for creating a superior and unique FX system in RMX, and the future is very bright for our instruments with this kind of highly collaborative system in place.

BTW...if the Spectrasonics FX Rack was available as a separate product, it would be much more expensive than RMX itself is. With the effects market being so overcrowded already, it's not really super interesting to us....at least at this point.

But we appreciate all the feedback.

spectrum

Go Back to forum