• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wacky behavior with Layla24/VST5 and bus assignments

Share/Bookmark

Wacky behavior with Layla24/VST5 and bus assignments

Layla24 on Win98 se (drivers are ver 5.53)
    Cubase VST5

issue Bus assignments are wacky
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I enable buses 2, and/or 3 thru 4 I can\'t play audio set to the Master bus (ch 1/2). NO audio is heard.

Is this by design?

thank you
    saxguy2000

Re: Wacky behavior with Layla24/VST5 and bus assignments

Solved a major piece recently about this issue.

In ASIO multimedia setup utility, it seems that I have to UNCHECK the Input ports for channels 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8

Under Output ports, I\'ve selected 1/2, 3/4, 5/6. I don\'t check 7/8 since I have GigaStudio running and it uses these.

With this setup, happily all effects AND busses (woohoo!) work.

Here\'s the strange part. This works for new songs only. All the songs I worked on previously still exibit the wierd behavior of only allowing ONE bus at a time and only the Insert effects working.

***Anyone know of a way to basically reset Cubase for these older songs. It\'s as if the underlying configuration regarding ASIO is totally messed up.***

It would be nice to not have to redo these finished songs.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, your post may have helped me, so I\'ll suggest this:
    In the VST Inputs section, try turning off a few inputs, Cubase will usually ask you whether you want to reassign them, try it and see what happens.

DanS

Hi Dan,

I believe you\'re right. Cubase doesn\'t seem to need those inputs assigned to *use* those inputs....So the only input checked is 7/8 which is for GigaSampler

So I\'m happy that GigaSampler, Layla24, Cubase VST5 and directX plugs are all working together....

I also had to recreate my def.all file as that would get corrupted from the earlier settings....

Go Back to forum