• Register
  • Help

Topic: Las Vegas Experts...looking for amazing fine dining recommendations

Share/Bookmark

Question Las Vegas Experts...looking for amazing fine dining recommendations

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hey folks...well. My parents (who are in their 70's) are having their 50th wedding anniversary in about a week. Little do they know that I am planning a surprise trip for them to Las Vegas. They have not been there since before I was born in '74. So basically, they have never been to Vegas as it is today. I am having family fly in from out of town to join us. I was able to secure suites at the Venetian for us all to stay at. I have "O" tickets for one of our evenings there. (Which I know my mom will absolutley love). And again the best part is that they have no idea this is in the works. We are literally going to arrive early the morning of the trip and say, "...OK...pack...we are going on a trip. Everything is taken care of."

But now...I need to make dinner reservations for one night (possibly the evening before the "O" show)...and I am looking for recommendations from those who know Vegas a lot better than I do. I have been there very little, but I am familiar enough to know my way around. I am looking at possibly the Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian. Or, since "O" is at the Bellagio, possibly dinner at the Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio. Knowing my parents rather...bland tastes...the nice steakhouse idea is probably what I am going to focus on. My mom doesn't like seafood and they both avoid anything exotic and spicy,

Have any of you all been to either of these two fine dining establishments? Is there any other place I should consider? There will be 8 of us total dining.

Any other recommendations or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: Las Vegas Experts...looking for amazing fine dining recommendations

The wife and I stayed at the Venetian for our wedding anniversary in October '03 and ate at the Delmonico. Can't recommend it enough, man. Simply stellar. The menu was varied enough that "steak-and-potatoes" people like your folks will have plenty to choose from, and there are some nice alternative dishes for you to sample as well. Wine list was decent but pricey, but the place itself was lovely inside and the service was top rate. You'll love it.
    You know what I blame this on the downfall of? Society.

For the most memorable experience, take them to the top of the Stratosphere. The restaurant there is classy, and the menu is traditional (steak, prime rib, seafood). The quality isn't the best, but it's not bad either. Four out of five stars for the food. Six out of five for the experience and the view.

I personally like the restarants in the Mandalay Bay for top quality, but they tend to be more exotic. The House of Blues is there too, but it's probably not the right spot.

You can't go wrong with the Bellagio, though I haven't eaten at that particular restaurant. Caesar's has some great traditional restaurants too.

Still, the restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere would be my top pick. It's an experience that they will never forget.

BTW, I've seen "O". It's an amazing show, with excellent music, death-defying stunts, an artistic sense and fun humor. Great choice!

-JF

Brian,

There are two Ruth's Cris Steakhouses in Las Vegas. If you've never been, it's one of the finest dining experiences out there.

It'll make you feel like a true conservative.

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

There are lots of great Italian restaurants in Vegas. My favorite is Pierro's, across the street from the Convention Center. I ran into Don King there. (He's one big dude.) And he can afford to eat anyplace he wants. The oso bucco (sp?) there is awesome.

Ruth's Chris is wonderful. I've eaten at a few, and the quality is always exceptional. There's also Lawry's and Morton's. But they're all off the strip. The Vegas Ruth's Chris is in a crummy strip mall. The downtown Portland one is in a way cooler location.

I second Ern's In 'n Out recommendation - for lunch. I pretty much lived at In 'n Out during high school. It's just across the freeway from the Excalibur, but it's a long walk. (You can guess how I know that. ) Go for the double-double.

Still, nothing beats the Stratosphere experience. It gives the feeling that you can't go any higher!

(BTW, it's not like I'm a gamble-a-holic. I've been attending the CES and NAB for years and years.)

-JF

Thanks guys. I think I am leaning toward the Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio. I agree Ruth's Cris is very good, but we have them here in LA. I want to take them somewhere unique to Vegas. Also...I share the love for IN-N-Out, but since we have one about 5 minutes away here in Arcadia and we frequent there often, a lunch there might not be a good idea.

The stratosphere is a possibility for one of the meals. I know they would love it and the view. (In fact, I am sure they would love most anything we end up doing). But being that it is far down the strip from the Bellagio, if we do the fancy dinner the evening of "O", I think it would be better if we did not have to get in the car and travel too much to get to the show. Having dinner right there (on the Bellagio Lake) I'm thinking might be a nice setting to further add to the experience.

My parents food tastes are very predictable and quite funny actually. They pretty much order the same thing at each individual resturant they go to. The same spaghetti dish at their favorite Italian place...the same Chicken dish at another place. Italian is my personal favorite, but I could totally see them having an amazing Italian meal at the Venetian and my dad turning to my mom and saying, "The Spaghetti here is just nothing like the Spaghetti at Dinos".

They could have been one of those couples in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY. But 50 years! wow! What an example. And the interesting trivia (don't know why I am sharing)...but my dad has never been much of a "ring" person. He hates wearing them. He works a lot with his hands and he says they feel "constricting". As long as I can remember, he has never worn his wedding ring and my mom says he wore it about a year and then stopped in 1956 for that reason. Recently, I noticed my dad was wearing his wedding band once again. No mention of why...just...he quietly had it on one day and seems to be wearing it every day now. Kind of cool.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

The Prime Steakhouse has a fountain view? Go for it. It should be a wonderful and memorable eveining.

Wish your parents the best from your friends at Northern Sounds!

-JF

I work for a pest company. If I didn't value my job, I could tell you what places NOT to go. But I do, so I can't.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Will do Jon. Thanks you. And thanks guys.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

defiantly go to "the forums" under Ceasers Palace palace. there are lots of restaurants and shops. . the sky changes and you think your outside! in the main court yard there is a awesome italian restaurant- next to the gelato joint.

Go Back to forum