• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius' 'Valse Triste' - by Monsignor Marco

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius' 'Valse Triste' - by Monsignor Marco

Monsignor Marco has done another extraordinary work with GPO. This time he did a rendition of Sibelius' "Vals triste".

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/ad-Sibelius-ValsTriste.mp3

This was done entirely with Finale notation and human playback. Here is the GPO instrumentation: Fl. solo v, bb Clarinet solo v, Bass Clarinet solo, French Horn 1 Plr 1, Timpani KS, Vlns 1 KS combo (C-C#-F), Vlns 2 KS combo (C-C#-F), Violas KS combo (C-C#-F), Cellos KS combo (C-C#-F) and Basses Pizz.

Thank you again Monsignor. Your interpretation of the classisc is marvelous.

Gary Garritan

Re: Sibelius' 'Valse Triste' - by Monsignor Marco

Come on then Gary, let's be having the link!

It's like the proverbial busses isn't it? You wait for years for 'Valse Tristes' and then you get two come along at once! Gigalove's beautiful rendition was only a week or so ago!

I look forward to hearing this.

Frank
    Say 'good riddance' to my little friends

Hello, anybody there?

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Come on then Gary, let's be having the link!
    OK Frank. Early senility setting in. I missed GigaLove's version. Quite a coincidence that two people worked on the same peice. Here is GigaLove's version:

http://home.arcor.de/captor/ValseTriste_v6.mp3

Bear in mind that Monsignor's peice was done entirely in notation.

Gary Garritan

Beautifully executed, Monsignor!

It is good to see you back with us once again.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Gary, thanks a lot for your efforts to help .

My problem was not that I didn't have Gigaloves link (I'd already listened to that a number of times) it was that there was a blank where Monsignor's link should be.

However, I realised following your post that others were able to see, click and listen to Monsignor's version! Then I had a brainwave.....I thought I've had these blank links before! The culprit? Bl****dy NORTON!! I just disabled it revisisted the thread and there is the Monsignor link at last!!!

I'm very sorry to have put you to all this trouble when the problem was at this end!

I just hope Norton has saved me from possible trouble elswhere because I sure know it causes me enough! Maybe a recent auto upgrade is responsible.

Monsignor's version is also good especially considering it's direct from the notation/human play feature. What a release this must be for real musicians! It was also good to hear the next section of the piece which Gigalove didn't do.....I haven't listened to Valse Triste in a long time.....I really must dig out the CD again as it is a great piece!

Frank

I'm liking this piece more and more. First Gigalove's version and now the Monsignor's. And with this equally beautiful rendition I get to hear more of it.

I can't believe what people can make GPO do. It sounds phenomal. Brilliant job, Monsignor.

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

May I mention that I received a kind note from the Monsignor (in Spanish) a few weeks ago, expressing his appreciation to the forum about comments on his well-received prior (and superb) interpretation of Mascagni's Intermezzo.

It is my understanding (my own Spanish is very poor) from the Monsignor that he is not very comfortable with English; hence perhaps his absence in replies... and though I certainly do not speak for him, I am sure he is again appreciative of kind comments, here.

May I ask of the Monsignor (gosh, I hope I've got this right in Spanish):

¡Monsignor, ¡nterprete por favor más música para nosotros!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum