• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga VST Adapter & Sonar 4

Giga VST Adapter & Sonar 4

Hi everyone,
    I've got a question about using Sonar 4 and GS3 with Giga VST Adapter. Is it possible to route multiple GS3 outputs to audio tracks in Sonar? I need to work with MIDI tracks alongside with other audio tracks in Sonar and I can't figure how to do it.

I'll try to be more specific. I configured the Giga VST Adapter successfully in Sonar, but only the first GS3 output gets back into the DAW, in the main "Giga VST" audio track. I can not even listen to the other GS3 outputs, and I don't know how to route them into other Sonar audio tracks.

I'm trying to have different GS instruments in different Sonar audio tracks, because I need to apply specific effects to them (and I can't do that in GS3 since the VST plugins gets blocked). Currently all the audio from GS3 (actually only the first main output, as I said) goes back into a single track, the one with the "Giga VST" in it. Using "Giga VST [2]", "Giga VST [3]" is useful to assign MIDI tracks to Giga Ports 2, 3, etc. but does nothing to solve my problem, because all the audio is still routed into the main "Giga VST" track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! By the way, I've got a Terratec EWS88MT.

Thanks in advance,

P.S. Forgive my not-so-good english...

St. John's NL

Re: Giga VST Adapter & Sonar 4

When you first insert the VST, a dialog comes up...
    Check the box that says "all synth outputs". Then, depending on the number of outs your card has, a track will show up for each output in GS.
    That's the way it works with other plugins, but I haven't used giga VST, so no promises.

Good Luck,

Go Back to forum