• Register
  • Help

Topic: On the topic of 2496 recording...I need help.

Share/Bookmark

On the topic of 2496 recording...I need help.

I have a Audiophile 2496, and if I capture in Gigastudio at 24bit/44.1...everything is cool...I can open it in Sound Forge and convert to 16 for CD...no problem.

If however I set the Audiophile and Gigastudio to capture in anything above 44.1...it ends up all funky when I listen to the recording...faster and higher. What am I doing wrong. Whatever I set Gigastudio to capture in...it automatically shows up as that setting in the M-Audio control panel.
    If I convert or resample the funny sounding recording, it still sounds messed up.

Any clues what I need to do?

Thanks guys.

Re: On the topic of 2496 recording...I need help.

Make sure again that the sample rate settings are the same in your driver panel, Gigastudio and in Soundforge.

Try setting the latency higher, as 96 Khz audio uses more system resources.

It could be that you need to upgrade your drivers. I haven't had this with my Audiophile (while running Giga + a wave editor).

Thanks Herman, I checked and its still doing the same thing. It did this on my old machine with an Audiophile too. It sounds like everything is being played through a piano string.

Here is an example that should be a short lick I played from Beethoven's Pathetique:

http://web2k.mtco.com/neavor4/test24961_2.wav

By the way...your samples are great..thanks for all your work.

Thanks for the kind words.

Btw - are you sure your drivers are up to date? This sounds like heavy aliasing distortion or something like that.
    I had something like this when bouncing in GS3 using my old Terratec card with GSIF1 drivers.

I am running the newest Audiphile drivers??? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sounds like some kind of syncing problem. I'm not familiar with the hardware you are using so I don't have specific ideas.

Sync? could be. In your Delta panel, is your master clock set locked to "internal xtal" ?
    Try adjusting the DMA buffer there too (values should be the same everywhere, like with the sample rate)

Yes, locked to Internal Xtal.

What other things will have DMA buffer settings to adjust and match besides the M-Audio panel?

Thanks for the help guys.

Soundforge does, and your sequencer too probably.

Found it in Sound Forge but still no change...sound forge sets the buffer in kbs not samples.

Go Back to forum