• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Altiverb 5

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Altiverb 5

After a long trip to Russia and to South America, I came back home and my first thought was to look what is happening in the sampling world. The first thing I did found is Altiverb 5. I did check on the Forum and did not find any comments about it, so I did order and did download my upgrade.

There is only one thing to say about this: THIS IS THE BEST THING HAPPEN TO ME IN THIS DOMAIN SINCE GPO.

I am wondering what others do think about it ????

Iwan

Re: Altiverb 5

Quote Originally Posted by Iwan Roth
    There is only one thing to say about this: THIS IS THE BEST THING HAPPEN TO ME IN THIS DOMAIN SINCE GPO.

I am wondering what others do think about it ????

Iwan
    It's a tremendous piece of kit. I upgrading from 4 this week and it's the ability to place instruments that is quite exciting.

Hi,

I am just interested to know if Altiverb is very intensive to run and require a lot of RAM and CPU power.

Many Thanks

Maximvs

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    It's a tremendous piece of kit. I upgrading from 4 this week and it's the ability to place instruments that is quite exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximvs
    Hi,

I am just interested to know if Altiverb is very intensive to run and require a lot of RAM and CPU power.

Many Thanks

Maximvs
    Well - less so nowadays than it was a while ago, as a matter of fact. You have to accept that this quality of convolution reverb is going to be fairly hungry - you obviously know it's only available for Macs.

Therefore, on say a Mac G5, with 4 gigs of ram for example, you wouldn't really have too much trouble.

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    ...Therefore, on say a Mac G5, with 4 gigs of ram for example, you wouldn't really have too much trouble...
    Oh yeah, that$ affordable ....not

Quote Originally Posted by Maximvs
    Hi,

Many Thanks

Maximvs
    Ambience reverb on high quality settings uses more CPU than Altiverb 4. As I understand it, Altiverb 5 has similar CPU usage if you don't enable all the EQ bells & whistles...

I can run Altiverb 4 fine on a 1.25 Powerbook and multiple instances on my dual 2.0 G5 barely even register on the Cubase CPU performance meter.

Hope this helps.

Altiverb is the best sounding plugin reverb I have ever used.

dpDan

DpDan do u use altiverb on the final mix? or section by section, any news about reverb tutorial? hehehe im looking forward too much to it

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Altiverb is the best sounding plugin reverb I have ever used.

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    Oh yeah, that$ affordable ....not
    Well.......sorry to hear that.

Yeah well, we're not all living in the land of milk, honey, and scones.

Go Back to forum