• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Countdown"

"The Countdown"

I've returned with another song, "The Countdown." Unlike my last song, "Endless Hallway" this one is much more full in it's arrangement and quite a bit more dynamic.

Right now my struggle is keeping the arrangement interesting without it getting too distracting or confusing. I hope that this is close to a good balance. Feel free to criticize, nitpick, etc, as I want to improve as much as possible and I know I'm not quite "there" yet.

Re: "The Countdown"

By golly, you learn quickly, Daniel!

Some very strong work, here -- good, solid writing. The pianistic filagree dialogued against woodwinds toward the last part was very well done, by the way, and did much to make the piece's energetic build so successful.

I feel you struggling with dynamic balance and sound treatment, and to some degree tempi... but not to worry, that'll come quickly.

I have the sense we'll be hearing much, much more from you, Daniel -- and that it's going to be good.

Houston, TX

Re: "The Countdown"

very well done, daniel...and i agree with david on everything...you're learning quickly...keep on it...composing is just like learning an instrument - you have to practice, as i see you're doing plenty of...thanks for sharing

Go Back to forum