• Register
  • Help

Topic: LOGIC ON OSX

Share/Bookmark

LOGIC ON OSX

I know some of you up here use Logic, and I'm just wondering what the current state of the program is as far as stability, etc. I'm on a G5.

I'm using Digi 002 and LE would be OK if it weren't for almost constant tech problems (system interrupts) that I and others are having, to the point where unti they can get to the bottom of it I may have to change platforms.

I have heard Logic works fine with 002r and that I should have no problem getting more than 32 tracks on a G5 Dual 2g with 2.5 ram.

Thanks for any info, and if you know of a good user forum for Logic, please point me there, everything I Google seems out of date...

Thanks
    Tom

Re: LOGIC ON OSX

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/

I've been using a 002R with 7.1 for the last little while, and apart from having to boot twice to get it working (i.e boot logic, quit logic, switch off 002R, switch back on, connect in the didi AU driver, boot logic)it has been OK.

I have a dual 2, with 2.5 gig of Ram and I have had no probs getting as many tracks as I need - I mostly use the EXS24 though, and it is a particularly good at low CPU. The EWSO player is a hog for example, and I'm lucky to get more than 3 instsnces of it going at once.

I think any digidesign hardware is going to lag with OS and software compatabilities with anything except pro tools - it's just not particulalrly in Digidesign's interest to be always up to date.

Anyway - you'll be right - and Logic 7.1 is so much more stable than 7.01. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman
    . . . and that I should have no problem getting more than 32 tracks on a G5 Dual 2g with 2.5 ram.
    I'd say that's an understatement! That G5 is a powerhouse!

There's a Logic user's group on Yahoo that's very active. You should check that out as well as the Sonikmatter forum autopilot mentioned.

My native Logic rig is very stable on OSX, but I'm not using the 002, so your results may vary. My other rigs use TDM (ProTools HD) hardware and are fairly stable, but I do get crashes.

Definitely check out the Yahoo Logic Users Group because I guarantee someone has your exact setup and can give you more accurate info.

- Mike Greene

Solid.......(yeah)......solid as a rock.....
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Hey thanks to all!

Yes, I wonder if using that Hammerfall card would interfere in any way with 002....I'd still like to mix in Pro Tools but doing all the midi stuff and basic tracks would be great in Logic...guess I'd need OMF or something to port between sessions. Unless Logic has gotten cooler from an audio mixing, automation, etc, standpoint that is. Wouldn't be great if I could stay in one program!

Tom

The MOTU boxes work very well too.

But I'd try the 002 first.

And no, two interfaces shouldn't interfere with one another, in fact under Tiger you can use multiple Core Audio boxes and the program should see them as one big series of outputs.

Go Back to forum