• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Final Moon

Share/Bookmark

The Final Moon

Hot off the presses! instrumentation: solo violin, harp, harpsichord, celesta, percussion, and string section...

this (a kind of romance) is my brief musical impression of a time, millions, or even billions of years from now when earth and the solar system are on the verge of death, when humans and animals look up at the beautiful moon (which is probably inhabited at that point) knowing it will be for the last time ...that's if we don't kill each other first!

(this live performance is brought to you by Bela D'Media's Scoring Noise 2 )

The Final Moon

Re: The Final Moon

From a compositional point of view, I thoroughly enjoyed the listen! I appreciate the style/genre (sp?) of composition which you seemed to have mastered.

From a sequencing point of view. . . Great Work! The work put into sequencing the music appears to capture the dynamic range of your composition. Really, really nice work!

Thank you for sharing. Of course I'm looking forward to hearing more of your works!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Josh

This really captivating music. One really get the feeling of huge spaces. If I can be so forward to ask (since I know very little of these things ): What kind of proccessing do you use in this piece? I don't even know if that's what one calls it.

Anyway, I did enjoy your piece very much. Thanks.

Kind Regards

LouisD

Josh, nice composition! Gustav Holst would have been proud! I like very much.
    Styxx

Josh, some fine writing, here -- I thoroughly enjoyed the piece... there's a sense of cohesion throughout that's often lacking in "modern" writing; and it evokes strikingly emotional colors that would be indefinable outside the realms of music, I think.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you all for listening, ted, styxx, louis, and davis - your comments are very nice ...it was a lot of fun working with this instrumentation...

louis...actually, i used practically no processing or mixing...the piece played from the finale file as is...the reverb is just GPO ballroom1 - but i tweeked the dry/wet settings to give it a bit more space...and recorded it straight into wavelab and then added the live ambience...that's the advantage of working with a smaller set of instruments! thanks very much for your comments!

david -
    it evokes strikingly emotional colors that would be indefinable outside the realms of music
    that's possibly the most poetic comment i've ever heard...can i use it in my resume? i really do appreciate your comments

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    david -
    that's possibly the most poetic comment i've ever heard...can i use it in my resume?
    Sure...

My rates for PR writing are very modest, by the way... lol.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Terrific. I really enjoyed the harmonies. Big, big bravo from here.

YBaCuO

PS In my humble opinion, the use of an impulse (convolution) reverb would improve the overall sound compared to the Ambience reverb(although well done here)
    PPS If you are on PC, SIR and noisevault are free

Josh - that's a really great piece - just one thing (and it might be my headphones) the majority of the sound seems to be heavily weighted to the right hand side. Also can I be cheeky and ask how long it took you to write this piece - there's so much to it.

Best regards.
    Mike.

YBaCuO: thank you and thank you for your advice, i'll definitely look into it

mike: i kept the normal balance of the typical string orchestra set up, but if anything i thought there was a tad too much on the left side
    and as for how long it took to write...about a week and a half...i wasn't able to get to it every day...thank you very much for listening!

Go Back to forum