• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cinderella Man...I liked it.

Share/Bookmark

Cinderella Man...I liked it.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well, I saw Cinderella Man at an SCL screening tonight at the DGA. I liked the movie. Didn't know if I was going to like it going in...but I liked it a lot going out. I liked Thomas Newman's score a lot as well. This one was a little more back to his "roots" than the last couple of films he has done. He and his music editor Bill Bernstein spoke afterwards. Thomas Newman is a funny guy a times. After some laughter and "inside jokes" on the stage, moderator Ray Colcord jokingly said to Thomas Newman and Bill Berstein, "boy, you guys spend way too much time together in one room." Which...proceeded to instill more laughter and inside jokes.

Definitely see this one in the theatre. A good date night out with your S.O.

And get the CD too. If you like Thomas Newman, you'll love it.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: Cinderella Man...I liked it.

Great!
    I'm glad you liked it.

So, what's Cinderella Man really about? I saw the previews at one point but
    I forgot them.
    Don't give away the ending!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Great!
    I'm glad you liked it.

So, what's Cinderella Man really about? I saw the previews at one point but
    I forgot them.
    Don't give away the ending!

-Chris
    IMDB says it best in a couple sentences. It is a true "story of Depression-era fighter and folk hero Jim Braddock, who defeated heavyweight champ Max Baer in a 15-round slugfest in 1935."
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

On NPR this morning they interviewed Ron Howard, and it was really positive.

In the next segment the movie reviewer from the LA Times gave the review. To sum up his review: Crowe is a great actor, Zellweger was a bit weak, and the movie was ruined by Howard spoon feeding the emotional points to the audience. Ouch!

It was like they smiled and waved at Howard as they said good bye, then kicked him in the pants when he turned to leave!

-JF

Go Back to forum