• Register
  • Help

Topic: I just thought of something that might be cool...

Share/Bookmark

Smile I just thought of something that might be cool...

Hi Everyone!

I was just thinking that it might be nice to have a sample of the noise that happens when you let off of the piano pedal the wrong way Do you know which one I'm talking about? Yeah, I'm thinking of the loud one I haven't been able to find it anywhere! Am I nuts for wanting that noise? Probably!
    (could have something to do with longing to play a REAL piano again...)

Take Care
    Steph

Re: I just thought of something that might be cool...

Got a microphone?

You too can become a sample developer!

-JF

I think you'll find dropping a 1.5-pound can of Dinty Moore's Beef Stew on a kettledrum tuned to C# will give you just the right sound.

It has to be exactly four centimeters from the right edge, precisely at three o'clock, though -- or it sounds like the soft pedal rather than the sustain.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hi Everyone!

I was just thinking that it might be nice to have a sample of the noise that happens when you let off of the piano pedal the wrong way Do you know which one I'm talking about? Yeah, I'm thinking of the loud one
    Do you mean when you hold it down and then let it go all at once so it makes a loud THUD! Yes, we need that!

When I was in college I had a voice teacher, an elderly, very distinguished and proper gentleman that invited all his "gigging" students to do a presentation of the "popular" music they each performed in clubs, etc. One of the students was a keyboard player who did some pretty good Leon Russell covers with his band where, of course, he had a drummer. In class, though, there was no drummer, so he used the pedal on a Steinway grand to fill in for the missing drum on "Tightwire".

I thought the voice teacher was going to die right there in the studio!

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    Do you mean when you hold it down and then let it go all at once so it makes a loud THUD! Yes, we need that!
    Yes! That's the one I think that it could come in handy on occasion. It would work for extra realism (oops!!), percussion (), as a surprise tactic () ...it has many uses I'd really like to have that one in my library

Do sampled pianos include release samples of the keys bouncing back up? That would be really nice to add realism there. Just a nice little "hulph" when the key bounces up.

-Chris

Go Back to forum