• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 304 with Samplitude 801

Share/Bookmark

Giga 304 with Samplitude 801

Hello, does anybody know how to use gigastudio rewired with sam 801.. I can only get channel one of a port of giga to work as opposed to 16 channels of a port on different midi tracks. Thanks if anyone has a solution.
    Cheers from Oz

Unhappy Re: Giga 304 with Samplitude 801

hmmmm, are there really no Sam users in here?
    PLEASE !!!! SOMEONE !!!
    Thanks in anticipation

Re: Giga 304 with Samplitude 801

Quote Originally Posted by quicksound
    Hello, does anybody know how to use gigastudio rewired with sam 801.. I can only get channel one of a port of giga to work as opposed to 16 channels of a port on different midi tracks. Thanks if anyone has a solution.
    Cheers from Oz
    Can you give me a little more information of how you are setting Gigastudio up in Sam 8.01? I started working Gigastudio 3.04 Orch and Samplitude 8 about 3 months ago. I am currently using Samplitude 8.2.

Wade

thanks for your response wtc. I've tried the following:

1. Starting Sam then giga
    2. Starting giga then sam
    3. Selecting sam as the sequencer in giga then starting sam from within giga.

When selecting giga as the rewire instrument in sam, no matter in which order I've started up the programs, only one sample set can be used in sam....no giga ports or midi channels can be operated except for "giga vsti" as rewire instrument. Very frustrating, hope this makes sense to you.
    Cheers

QuickSound,

I found the same problem in Samplitude 8.2 when I tried it. In my first track I set up some Larry Seyer drum samples and on second track I set up a midi guitar track using VSL Overdrive. Like you every time I tried to load Overdrive it would install over the top of my drum tracks. I tried to load the two samples a number way but could not get around the problem.

There are a few things I would like to try on Monday. I saw a similar problem when I first tried to ReWire Reason to Sam 8.2. I had separate midi tracks for all of my instruments and could not get Reason to pick them up. Finally I imported each of the separate midi tracks into Reason, merged them, then exported a single midi track containing all my midi tracks back to Sam. When I imported the midi file into Sam, I picked the first import option that kept all the midi information for all my instruments in 1 midi track and not the second import option that split each instrument back into separate midi tracks. Reason then worked properly.

I wonder if this problem with GigaStudio is not a similar problem. I will try my theory out and get back to you.

Wade

Thanks Wade, I'll wait to hear from you. I'm still having no luck at all, no matter what I try. Hoping to crossgrade from Cubase SX to Sam but if Giga won't work properly, then it wouldn't be worth it.
    Thanks again for your time.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I tested my theories on configuring SAM 8.2 and GS 3.04 for multiple instruments via ReWire and found my theories are invalid. If you are a current Samplitude 8 owner, your best bet would be to post your questions on the Samplitude Forum and hope for the best.

I intend to keep looking at this problem in my spare time and will post back if I find an answer.

Best of luck.

Wade

Thanks again Wade. I've been tipped off about the Synthax forum where there are a lot of Sam users, so have also posted in there. Maybe we can both get the answer sooner or later... btw I'm only trying the demo version for now, so don't have access to the registered Sam forum.
    Cheers, Gary

Go Back to forum