• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO says cant find samples then will auto find them

Share/Bookmark

GPO says cant find samples then will auto find them

For some strange reason gpo is now having to seach for samples, which are still where they have always been??? and then says shall i use this path for all samples so i say yes but it still has to ask for permission to look for some samples else where and so on. strange everything still loads and works but seems gpo thinks samples are in different locations which they are not, short of a re install whats to do?
    Thanks Malcolm

Re: GPO says cant find samples then will auto find them

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm
    For some strange reason gpo is now having to seach for samples, which are still where they have always been??? and then says shall i use this path for all samples so i say yes but it still has to ask for permission to look for some samples else where and so on. strange everything still loads and works but seems gpo thinks samples are in different locations which they are not, short of a re install whats to do?
    Thanks Malcolm
    I have the same problem! How do I get around this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabus
    I have the same problem! How do I get around this problem?
    Are you logged on with administrator privilege? Don't really know if this is relevant.

There are some differences between Mac & PC that could be involved, so it would be a good idea to include some details about your system.

Richard

Could it be, that your files were originally created for an earlier version of GPO with a different folder structure and/or different folder names? I see that the Backup folders don't have numbers like the present folders do. Just wondering, since GPO usually has no problems with finding the correct samples on my system, except for the other day, when I opened a downloaded file in Finale06. I was prompted about a sample it would normally have no problems with.

Go Back to forum